Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill Belichick Q&A, 8/27

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Christopher_Price, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Here’s the complete transcript of Bill Belichick’s Q&A with the media this morning at Gillette Stadium:BB: Asante [Samuel] came to the facility this morning. I spoke to him. He’s going through the normal process that any player would go through at the beginning of camp in terms of taking the conditioning run and [...]

More...

2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

High Praise from BB:

Q: Has Oscar Lua done anything to impress you? Is there anything that he can work in his game? What else can he work on?
    BB: I think he has a lot of things to work on. He’s a rookie linebacker. Oscar is a hard working kid too. He’s smart. He understands the defense. He communicates well. He’s able to, not only do his assignment, but also control the guys in front of him, the front seven, and line calls and adjustments and things like that. He gets better out there everyday. He pays attention. I know he’s very attentive to what the veteran players do in the classroom and on the practice field. He’s always alert and trying to pick up more information. I think he’s working hard and he’s getting better.

I thought his INT on Thrusday was a good read on the QB, but for BB to say that a Rookie LB "understands the defense" that is high praise indeed.

3. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

The above is, I think, a decent-ish sign that Lua has a good shot at a spot. Obviously, Belichick always couches everything in some sort of "some good things, some bad," but I think BB saying he has a lot to work on foretells the kind of attitude a young "bubble" kid will need to bring to the roster. Yes, you're making this team - but barely, don't get complacent.

That said, I could be massively reading into it.

4. patsgo

patsgo Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

ive heard him paise a player one day and cut him the next

5. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Well yeah, no kidding. I'm saying that his CRITICISM indicates to me a possible better-than-expected shot at the final 53. Of course BB praises people, then cuts them, but that's got nothing to do with my post.

6. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wonder if that was a hint at Reche...