PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Press Conference 11/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach B was doing his best Yogi Berra impression. Great stuff.

Talking about Lion's receiver Calvin Johnson, he quipped: "Yeah, I would say, he’s definitely not covered even when he’s covered."

Classic stuff.

This is some of the most effusive, seemingly sincere praise I've ever heard from Belichick.

Q: Can you talk about Devin McCourty and how he has stepped in as a rookie?

BB: Devin’s really been a consistent player for us all year, from the first rookie mini-camp after the draft to all through the season. In the spring, spring workouts, training camp, preseason, he’s really the same guy every day: very alert, attentive, very professional. You wouldn’t know he’s a rookie; he acts and prepares like he’s been doing it for five or six years. He’s very attentive. He understands a lot of little things. When you give him a coaching point, he understands that it doesn’t apply to everything [and] it may only apply to one, particular situation or one little thing. But when that comes up again, he’s usually on it. He’s made a lot of improvement. Josh [Boyer] has done a good job with him, of making him aware of things that could make him a better player. And [Devin’s] done a good job of working on those things and improving on them. We see him doing things now that he wasn’t doing in October. We [saw] him doing things in September that he wasn’t doing in August, and that’s really a great feeling to have as a coach, but I think it’s also great for him as a player. He can see how much he’s improved and his techniques have improved in man-to-man coverage, zone coverage, ball skills, reading the quarterback, tackling, leverage, all those things. He’s done a good job for us and he continues to work hard and get better. He’s a great kid to coach. I’m glad he’s on our team. [He] works hard at special teams. Whatever you ask him to do, he gives you his best every play and that’s worth a lot.

This is some of the most effusive, seemingly sincere praise I've ever heard from Belichick.

BB: Devin’s really been a consistent player for us all year, from the first rookie mini-camp after the draft to all through the season. In the spring, spring workouts, training camp, preseason, he’s really the same guy every day: very alert, attentive, very professional. You wouldn’t know he’s a rookie; he acts and prepares like he’s been doing it for five or six years. He’s very attentive. He understands a lot of little things. When you give him a coaching point, he understands that it doesn’t apply to everything [and] it may only apply to one, particular situation or one little thing. But when that comes up again, he’s usually on it. He’s made a lot of improvement. Josh [Boyer] has done a good job with him, of making him aware of things that could make him a better player. And [Devin’s] done a good job of working on those things and improving on them. We see him doing things now that he wasn’t doing in October. We [saw] him doing things in September that he wasn’t doing in August, and that’s really a great feeling to have as a coach, but I think it’s also great for him as a player. He can see how much he’s improved and his techniques have improved in man-to-man coverage, zone coverage, ball skills, reading the quarterback, tackling, leverage, all those things. He’s done a good job for us and he continues to work hard and get better. He’s a great kid to coach. I’m glad he’s on our team. [He] works hard at special teams. Whatever you ask him to do, he gives you his best every play and that’s worth a lot.

Wow.....How did Pete Carroll sneak into the Gillette interview room????

Just wow. If it wasn't for Suh, he'd be the DRoY.

If it wasn't for DMc, the team would be giving up 450 passing yards a game :eek:

Q: Is balance one of the goals of the offense? I know you’re going to say that scoring points is the goal, but…

BB: That is the goal. That’s why we send them out there.

Hilarious.

Q: How is Johnson different from Randy?

BB: I would say they are totally different players. How are they the same? They’re both tall.

Ah, the old master still has it! No wonder the local press love him.

High praise for a rookie coming from BB and well deserved. I'd say McCourty is our most important player on D at this point. If he goes down (knock on wood), we'd have Butler and Arrington as our starters:eek:

Coach B was doing his best Yogi Berra impression. Great stuff.

Talking about Lion's receiver Calvin Johnson, he quipped: "Yeah, I would say, he’s definitely not covered even when he’s covered."

Classic stuff.

Number 27 on Calvin Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back