Bill Belichick Post Game Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bill Belichick Post Game Comments
By: Ian Logue

Here's the complete transcript of New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick's post game press conference following New England's win over the Green Bay Packers:...

On the last Arrington tackle that set up the 4th and one:

“I don’t think I really got a good look at it. It was on the other side of the field. I mean they ran the under route right? So I don’t think it wouldn’t have made any difference if they got the first down or not. They had no timeouts left, 15 seconds – I guess they could have spiked it – maybe they could have gotten another play out of it. But just being out of timeouts and having to try to run a red area offense, they didn’t really get many plays off – which was fortunate for us.”

I saw Chung make the tackle. Let me disagree with BB here. If they did get a 1st down they coulda/woulda spiked the ball and taken their time to call their best play instead of the fuster cluck we saw where their O seemed in disarray and rushed resulting in TBC's strip sack and the Pats W.

Bill made it seem like it was all about us playing poorly, not that Green Bay played well. Give'm a little more respect, BB!

...is what people will say...

Man BB is so bad at managing perceptions. Ya' gotta love him. He's like my dad who could give a rat's ass about what people think he just wants results.

Last edited:
So we couldn’t handle a lot of the basic things that they did, and that was disappointing.

iam sure this bothered him the most

Bill made it seem like it was all about us playing poorly, not that Green Bay played well. Give'm a little more respect, BB!

For what purpose? He doesn't care what the folks in the Greenbay locker room thinks of themselves.

Patriots did a lot of sloppy things. And he is going to hit that home with the team this week.

Put the onus on the team to improve, not pretend we did everything pretty good but the Packers are world beaters. That is what BB is doing, and it is the right thing to do.

I saw Chung make the tackle. Let me disagree with BB here. If they did get a 1st down they coulda/woulda spiked the ball and taken their time to call their best play instead of the fuster cluck we saw where their O seemed in disarray and rushed resulting in TBC's strip sack and the Pats W.

Agree. If they make the first down, they spike and get probably three shots at the win. I think BB is being a bit deliberately disingenuous here -- nobody understands situational football better than he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down