PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick is a coaching contrarian with a plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick wasn’t pleased when the NFL signed a clothing deal with Reebok that required coaches to wear approved clothing during games. This was some executive in New York telling grown men how to dress. Since when did football coaches become clothing models?

There was no way to opt out of that deal so Belichick considered the fashion options laid out in front of him, and selected the most unstylish outfit, a grey hooded sweatshirt. He began wearing it each week. Only not before having the sleeves cut off to make it even less attractive.

“It’s comfortable,” Belichick said in explaining his fashion choice. “I carry my stuff in my pouch.”

What about chopping off the sleeves?

“I have short arms,” Belichick said.
:rofl:

Must read article.

I love Belichick and how he gives the Media and the league officials the run around!! :D

Bill is a professional TROLL!

I love it.

Great story; thanks for the link. Another great passage:

He refuses to join the NFLCA, the only active head coach who isn’t a member, according to the group. All he’d have to do is join and he’d get paid. There is absolutely zero work involved in having your name appear in a video game – not to mention myriad other deals from the NFLCA.

Hasn’t Belichick been approached to make that simple move?

“I don’t know,” Belichick said.

You don’t know?

“I don’t know.”

What's great about Belichick is how consistent he is with this stuff. He's not reticent because he's PO'd. He has a set of core beliefs about coaching as well as dealing with the media and he doesn't waver.

And now we really know why the league came down so hard on the Patriots for the Camera Incident. Not because they actually did something wrong, but because the league office doesn't like a rebel and wanted BB to know that his actions would have consequences.

He loves it because he hates so much of the nonsense that surrounds football, has a longstanding disdain for the league office and carries a rebel streak that finds greater joy in making a defiant stand than cashing a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes