PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick insists: ‘it’s nothing personal… just competition’ with the jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
It Is What It Is » Bill Belichick insists: ‘It’s nothing personal… just competition’ with the Jets

Well nothing earth shattering news here but its kinda sad to see albert breer having become more like news mongrer instead of being a good football reporter he was a few yrs go and even BB seemed to like him then. He had great tale of tape columns and was quite good but now it seems its just more and more news creation driven..

I used to always look forward to reading him when he was at the Herald .. I can't stand the sight of him now ... :mad:

I used to always look forward to reading him when he was at the Herald .. I can't stand the sight of him now ... :mad:
Albert is not the same guy he was years ago in terms of his opinion of BB and the Pats. Greg Bedard last year made a thinly-veiled comment about how Albert felt insulted by BB over something and
Bedard suggested it was really nothing to be insulted about. There's a surprise: BB pissed of someone in the thin-skinned media.

Albert is not the same guy he was years ago in terms of his opinion of BB and the Pats. Greg Bedard last year made a thinly-veiled comment about how Albert felt insulted by BB over something and
Bedard suggested it was really nothing to be insulted about. There's a surprise: BB pissed of someone in the thin-skinned media.

I remember thinking about that too, how Breer was all beside himself over nothing. Maybe it's because he got picked up by the TV folks and thinks he's really special now.

Sad, really, because as said earlier, his "Tale of the Tape" used to be something I looked forward to each week. Now? Now he's just another byline rehashing the same stuff as all the others.

Breer supposedly has good football knowledge but you never know it with the questions he asks. The way he kept pushing for an answer to his stupid question, like he was looking for a gossipy tidbit.

He did the same sort of thing a few years ago when he kept pushing BB on whether Haynesworth was 'a good guy."

It's like he's covering football for The View or Lifetime Network or something. Ask a football question once in a while Albert.

the-shining.jpg

“I don't want to hurt you, I just want to bash your brains in!"

no wonder he is always first to critique the pats and when someone points this out his usual response is of the sort "pats fans make me laugh" ...blah blah and belittles the pats fans.

no wonder he is always first to critique the pats and when someone points this out his usual response is of the sort "pats fans make me laugh" ...blah blah and belittles the pats fans.
Not to hop on a media soapbox, but he's simply one of the latest in a long line of them who dislike the Patriots fans as opposed to the team. Shaughnessy refers to the fans regularly as "yahoos", Bob Ryan, whom I used to respect, barely hides his contempt and the 98.5 fools from 2-6 pm make it clear they can't stand us. And, of course, Borges is in a league of his own. And there are more than a few others.

Last edited:
BB hates the Green Beans. Of course, he'll never say that publicly.

Careful there Bill. We'll start calling you Pinocchio if this keeps up.

Yup, it's not personal with the Jets........;)

Of course it's personal and it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes