PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
fyi....

The three-time Super Bowl-winning coach recently filed paperwork with the state to incorporate Bill Belichick Inc. as a for-profit company engaged in "consulting, entertaining and endorsing." The business's articles of organization were filed Dec. 26 with the Secretary of the Commonwealth's Corporations Division.

Not sure what that all means...are you thinking that he's gearing up for a LAST year??? Or wishing to get something started and in business so in 3-4 years he can MOVE ON to that???

fyi....

The three-time Super Bowl-winning coach recently filed paperwork with the state to incorporate Bill Belichick Inc. as a for-profit company engaged in "consulting, entertaining and endorsing." The business's articles of organization were filed Dec. 26 with the Secretary of the Commonwealth's Corporations Division.

If it ever went to a Public Offering I'm sure that I would buy stock in the Corporation.

Nah, that means nothing. Bill Parcells had educational football DVD's for kids while still coaching the Cowboys. BB might just want to make some extra money on the side.

Last edited:
Nah, that means nothing. Bill Parcells had educational football DVD's for kids while still coaching the Cowboys. BB might just want to make some extra money on the side.

Perhaps an investment for his kids? After all, those hoodies won't be hot sellers forever.

I have to say, the thought has crossed my mind that all this spending may be a last hurrah. I don't believe it. But the thought has crossed my mind.

I'm fairly certain that Belichick is going to go out with Tom Brady in 5 years. Tom will be 35 and BB will be 60.

Both of those ages are very good ages to hang them up in football.

fyi....

I would guess it has more to do with his divorce. When he speaks, the income would go to the corporation...not technically to him (if they set it up correctly). And his ex-wife would not have a claim on it, or at least not as strong a claim. She wasn't married to the corporation and BB could just be an employee of it taking a much smaller amount and perhaps he could make the kids stockholders as a way of assuring the money the coporation makes goes to them or whomever else he wants.

Just a theory.

J D Sal

I'm fairly certain that Belichick is going to go out with Tom Brady in 5 years. Tom will be 35 and BB will be 60.

A very reasonable assumption;one I hate thinking about but reasonable nonetheless.

Lots of people do this, it's a tax and accounting issue. Not a big deal, IMO.

fyi....

Good for BB! He's got some solid real estate investments already and no doubt this venture is something he can build on for the future as well.
I don't think it signifies anything except futuristic thinking,maybe something for his kids,maybe a shelter from the long arm of divorce,etcetc. but I don't think it means his retirement is imminent beyond what we'd reasonably expect (5 years,give or take-hopefully more on the 5+ side of that).
"Consulting"-check.
"Endorsements"-check.
"Entertainment"?? BB on SNL??:rocker:

I would guess it has more to do with his divorce. When he speaks, the income would go to the corporation...not technically to him (if they set it up correctly). And his ex-wife would not have a claim on it, or at least not as strong a claim. She wasn't married to the corporation and BB could just be an employee of it taking a much smaller amount and perhaps he could make the kids stockholders as a way of assuring the money the coporation makes goes to them or whomever else he wants.

Just a theory.

J D Sal

That makes a lot of sense.

Just a theory.

J D Sal

Good post. That makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey