PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Hoodie Database

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears to me that BB should ditch the cutoff sleeves and revert to wearing a grey hoodie WITH sleeves!

Yeah, yeah, causation and correlation .... what can I say, the first day of training camp won't get here soon enough.

Belichick Hoodie History | Google drive

Cutting off the Sleeves: The History of Bill Belichick and His Hoodie | Mike Dussault (Pats Propaganda) | B/R

Screenshot2013-06-11at8.17.34PM_original.png

Pats Propaganda, Statistical Hoodie Analysis from Bob Yoon

Whenever Belichick wears gray, the Pats win by an average of 11 points. Blue, 9.05. He should avoid Red and White. White, they lose by 5.67 points and red, they’re barely scraping by. When I dug into this further, the main difference seems to be on how many points the Patriots score. The Patriots score 8 points less when Belichick is wearing red. White, forget about it - 11.67 points. The amount of points scored by the opponent is statistically the same no matter the color Belichick is wearing.

Then I looked at the type of clothing he was wearing. The Patriots are absolutely dominant when Belichick wears a winter coat. Point difference is 24.5. The worst was polo shirts (-4.89). Also, whenever Belichick wears a type of clothing he normally doesn't wear, the Patriots tend to lose. When I dug into this data, it was the defense that makes the biggest difference. When Belichick is wearing a winter coat, the Patriots hold the opponents to 10.143 points a game​

I've always liked the gray hoodie w/ the sleeves cut off.

This is quite possibly my all time favorite thread

Some people just have too much time on their hands.....

Bill should never, ever, evah wear a blue or red hoodie again.

Re: History of the hoodie

Whoever authored this article has way too much time on their hands....

Agreed. An absolutely astounding waste of time and effort.

Dudes,

Chill already. It is July. Should he write the 10,000th "Without Hernandez and probably Gronk, Brady will have no receivers" article?

Yes, we know analyzing Belichick's fashion is not your cup of tea. Does the thread title deceive you enough to reply?:D

Seems to me that cutting the sleeves off is counterproductive. His record in the gray hoodie with sleeves intact is pretty good, especially playoffs.

I'm a bit concerned about the 20 "unaccounted for" games, though. Those missing numbers could skew the analysis significantly. I suggest the OP should complete this study and report back with final data.

Seems to me that cutting the sleeves off is counterproductive. His record in the gray hoodie with sleeves intact is pretty good, especially playoffs.

I'm a bit concerned about the 20 "unaccounted for" games, though. Those missing numbers could skew the analysis significantly. I suggest the OP should complete this study and report back with final data.

I think I would rather stab myself in the eye.

Though I will pass along the suggestion to Mike Dussault and his co-conspirator Bob Yoon on this riveting story.

Would be nice to know from Belichick's girlfriend of a database on the Pats success when he wears Boxers compared to when he wears briefs.

I love someone has these stats :)

SB is in NJ this year so BB should be wearing a grey hoodie with sleeves. Nice odds

I don't follow BB for his sense of fashion and I'm fairly certain that what he wears has no bearing on the outcome of the game.

That pretty much summarizes I'm here.

We spend enormous amounts of time studying, analyzing, and opining on something that doesn't really help feed our families. Analysis of Bill's Scissorhandsian fashions has arguably the same impact on the team's performance as any 20-page argument we offer, and much higher entertainment value.

I do enjoy the irony of taking the time to read the article, hit reply, and type out a response that this is a waste of time and I really could not care less. Alanis Morissette softly chuckles and thinks of a rhyme:
"It's like getting a new comb, after you sold your hair;
It's like typing a response, that you just don't care..."

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes