PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill belichick hints at running wildcat (in practice) and why patriots have tim tebow

Re: Bill belichick hints at running wildcat (in practice) and why patriots have tim t

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing the (in practice) part in the original post when I clicked on it. If I missed it, then my apologies. My point still stands, though, even if it isn't relevant to the thread.

It's always funny to me when someone makes multiple grammatical and spelling errors when attempting to insult the other person's reading comprehension abilities. Given your apparent level of anger in your first response to me, I'm not sure the "Kontardicyion" isn't a thinly veiled attempt at an insult.

As I said before if I missed the (in practice) part originally, then my mistake.

I agree with your point and I apologize back for being snarky in my response

Yeah and I'm an idiot when I poof read my typos :lol:

Re: Bill belichick hints at running wildcat (in practice) and why patriots have tim t

Thank you for the intelligent response . At least you actually read the rticle and have a real opinion, in fact I'm leaning towards what you said right now , it's hard vto believe he would bring him in for such a specialized role .

No worries Ironman. Going back a couple of months ago when Tebow was signed, the first thing that I said about him was the fact that he has to have a secondary role on this team for him to stick on the 53-man roster.

If he became a tight end, H-Back, long snapper, special teams in addition to his traditional position then the Patriots are probably going to be more likely to make Tebow a part of this squad. I also said that he was signed because the New England Patriots are a business. They want to make money. This pre-season, I am sure that there have been more than enough merchandise sales that have generated a bunch of gross revenue to cover a portion of what his 2013 salary is.

Joker I remember you posting about teBow fans invading the site , so when that dd not happen , now you go looking for them across the Internet

Think about that for a minute

No, you are wrong. There has a been a tremendous influx of Tebow fans to this site and there has been a culling of these types by the mods. I am not going "across the internet!", I am going to ONE site...with THIS unbelievable garbage posted as FACT...

The Tim Tebow Metric

You NEVER respond to what this nitwit printed ,you immediately attack ME personally, insinuating that I am somehow beneath YOUR prodigious ability to "think", while leveling a veiled threat that I should "think about it". So, YOU agree with the fabulous sports babe mongo then and think I am a a member of the "Brandi's hall of shameful fans"... Fine with me. My next question is, why are YOU here then? If we're all stupid ignorant haters with no ability "to think", what did you think YOU were going to accomplish here? Save us, like Jesus saved the ignorant apostle Paul?

No, you are wrong. There has a been a tremendous influx of Tebow fans to this site and there has been a culling of these types by the mods. I am not going "across the internet!", I am going to ONE site...with THIS unbelievable garbage posted as FACT...

The Tim Tebow Metric

You NEVER respond to what this nitwit printed ,you immediately attack ME personally, insinuating that I am somehow beneath YOUR prodigious ability to "think", while leveling a veiled threat that I should "think about it". So, YOU agree with the fabulous sports babe mongo then and think I am a a member of the "Brandi's hall of shameful fans"... Fine with me. My next question is, why are YOU here then? If we're all stupid ignorant haters with no ability "to think", what did you think YOU were going to accomplish here? Save us, like Jesus saved the ignorant apostle Paul?

Wow - that thread is not only statistically inaccurate but borderline psychotic.

why? You have the best or 2nd best QB in the league and a strong running game behind him...why would you EVER take Brady off the field? :bricks:

The Tim Tebow Metric

You NEVER respond to what this nitwit printed ,you immediately attack ME personally, insinuating that I am somehow beneath YOUR prodigious ability to "think", while leveling a veiled threat that I should "think about it". So, YOU agree with the fabulous sports babe mongo then and think I am a a member of the "Brandi's hall of shameful fans"...

what you are posting has absolutely nothing to do with the thread! You are hijacking thread and then demanding that I respond. Start your own thread blasting whomever you want to blast. leave me out of it please. Leave this thread out of it.

My next question is, why are YOU here then? If we're all stupid ignorant haters with no ability "to think", what did you think YOU were going to accomplish here? Save us, like Jesus saved the ignorant apostle Paul

Was this directed at me? I seriously have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about. I am not even joking, I have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't understand why some are jumping on Ironman. He made a thread that discusses the possibility of Bill wanting to use Tim Tebow in wildcat. The title of his thread has not changed since he started it. Also the thread title is the same exact title of the article he linked. No reason to throw out insults to ironman as he is just trying to talk about an article he found interesting.

In this article, I think Bill was talking more about offensive schemes and how different Quarterback have different strengths.

For example excerpt from article “I think there are a lot of quarterbacks in the league that aren’t going to run a read, riding the side or that option type of thing. Then, there are quarterbacks that are capable of running it, whether they do or don’t, depending on their scheme, offensive coordinator and coach and all that. We definitely have to run it and be ready for it but I don’t know. I don’t know how it’s going to go.”

However, the person who wrote the article (Mike Petraglia) thinks that Belichick was hinting at setting up their defenses in different ways possibly using the wildcat for his team in practice and that Tebow could have been brought there to do the wildcat or read option. Even though Belichick NEVER specifically stated in the interview that Tebow would be used in such a manner. How the writer (Mike) came to that assumption was probably based on an interview Belichick did talking about how they got into the wildcat in practice and how some teams did it and some teams didn't.

MY take: Tim is very versatile and will do whatever the coach asks of him. Belichick is not going to have Tebow do something for the team if it is going to hurt the team. He is going to play to Tebow's strengths and have him play a role that will benefit the team. Whatever role Tebow ends up playing, he will help the PATS win football games.

I don't pretend to know what Belichick has in store for Tebow. So I will just let it play out and see how he decides to use him. For the time being it seems speculative to say what Tebow will be doing for the team,but it doesn't hurt to talk about the possibilities of how Tebow may be used to help the team.

The article was interesting, but speculative. As it gives insight on things that may or may not happen for Tebow. However, I don't see anything wrong with what Ironman did.

I do like reading the different articles about the team and what Belichick may have in store for the team. Some articles are speculative and some aren't. Either way the articles all make for interesting reads.

why? You have the best or 2nd best QB in the league and a strong running game behind him...why would you EVER take Brady off the field? :bricks:

that's true but the article had nothing to do with that, it was about using him in practice to tune up the defense and NOT about using the wildcat in real games.

Originally Posted by Ironman44 View Post
Joker I remember you posting about teBow fans invading the site , so when that dd not happen , now you go looking for them across the InternetI didn't go looking for them across the internet, I went to YOUR Tebow Shrine Site where all you Tebots emanate from. You are promulgating a total lie and then feigning ignorance post facto. THAT is trolling.

Think about that for a minutethis is direct implication that I cannot think and need YOUR direction to find my poor way on this site

The fact this thread title had to be edited blows your whole "I'm innocent!' defense to smithereens...and of course, the hallucinating kitty comes running like a good ,loyal Tebotter to give his lying, weaselly buddy the reach around.

HER ignorant, vile denouncement of US, as even any no hope dope and mope can plainly see, clearly shows the bias in EVERYTHING a Tebot posts...as such it has everything TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.

Just a suggestion, but you guys should probably continue this over PM. :llama:

Originally Posted by Ironman44 View Post
Joker I remember you posting about teBow fans invading the site , so when that dd not happen , now you go looking for them across the InternetI didn't go looking for them across the internet, I went to YOUR Tebow Shrine Site where all you Tebots emanate from. You are promulgating a total lie and then feigning ignorance post facto. THAT is trolling.

Think about that for a minutethis is direct implication that I cannot think and need YOUR direction to find my poor way on this site

The fact this thread title had to be edited blows your whole "I'm innocent!' defense to smithereens...and of course, the hallucinating kitty comes running like a good ,loyal Tebotter to give his lying, weaselly buddy the reach around.

HER ignorant, vile denouncement of US, as even any no hope dope and mope can plainly see, clearly shows the bias in EVERYTHING a Tebot posts...as such it has everything TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.
The thread title was never edited. its the exact title of the article. it was NEVER edited.

Untitled_zps3fc278e5.jpg

I still don't understand why your attacking me about something someone else wrote. This thread had to do with BB bringing in Tebow (possibly) to help the defense during practice. Apparently that was enough for you to blow a gasket and start quoting other sites about other things that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic (its clear to me you never even read article that was posted).

please keep obsessing and scouring the internet for tebow fans. Just don't do it in threads I start. I wont respond anymore to your thread hijacks...so that's the last ill say on it.

The last thing I want to address is that I have been a member here for 2 years. christiancat is not someone I knew until she posted here recently. I have never read one word she has written outside of this website. So I think you have me mistaken for someone else.She seems to be a very nice and respectful person by the way.

These Tebow threads are hilarious. Read the whole thing. Belichick is goi9ng to troll everybody with this genitalia mutilating meathead.

These Tebow threads are hilarious. Read the whole thing. Belichick is goi9ng to troll everybody with this genitalia mutilating meathead.

It's quite odd looking into forums like this. I don't post much and this is why. Emotions run so hot over tebow, on both sides. Derailment is inevitable.

Joker I remember you posting about teBow fans invading the site , so when that dd not happen , now you go looking for them across the Internet

Think about that for a minute

Rickey-OMG.gif

I still don't understand why your attacking me about something someone else wrote. This thread had to do with BB bringing in tebow (possibly) to help the defense during practice. Apparently that was enough for you to blow a gasket and start quoting other sites about other things.

please keep obsessing and scouring the internet for tebow fans. Just don't do it in threads I start. I wont respond anymore ot your thread hijacks...so thats the last ill say on it.

I tend to agree with your statement that Tebow was brought in to run the scout team in an effort to help prepare the team for mobile quarterbacks. There are a number of them in the NFL now and for the first time last season you saw them be productive consistently. Edelman has been running that scout team for the last 4 years (granted without all the threads) but it’s understandable to take advantage of Tim’s abilities, especially on a minimum contract with no guaranteed money.

I have to be honest though I have seen nothing in camp to suggest that Tebow will make this roster; I see no reason to keep 3 QB’s on a team, there are too many other places that we need that roster spot for, and it has always been my belief that Tebow would have to decisively outperform Mallet in order to beat him out, not only because Mallett is the incumbent but also because Mallett holds more value on the trade market which was clearly highlighted by the lack of interest in Tebow as a free agent.

In terms of those who suggest Tebow would run a wildcat or a Tebow offensive set, I think they’re insane and obviously have not watched the Patriots for the last decade plus, Tom Brady doesn’t come off the field if we’re up by 30+ points, he handles the kneel downs and everything. The other thing is the NFL is about repetitions and to expect the same level of performance from a starting QB with inconsistent repetition is illogical, then on the other end of the stick to expect a QB like Tebow to be able to perform at a high level on limited repetitions is beyond illogical and basically setting him up for failure. That’s why Tebow didn’t work in NY; sexy Rexy wasn’t logical enough to realize that you cannot have it both ways, you have to commit to an offense, not teeter back in forth, he didn’t understand that he couldn’t have both feet he could only have one or the other:D.

I have to be honest though I have seen nothing in camp to suggest that Tebow will make this roster; I see no reason to keep 3 QB’s on a team, there are too many other places that we need that roster spot for, and it has always been my belief that Tebow would have to decisively outperform Mallet in order to beat him out, not only because Mallett is the incumbent but also because Mallett holds more value on the trade market which was clearly highlighted by the lack of interest in Tebow as a free agent.
D.

I dont think its a given or a lock he makes it. Sometimes you see kraft going on about Tebow so you think its a lock but there is nothing that tells me it is other than that. so I agree but still am optimistic he will stick.

In terms of those who suggest Tebow would run a wildcat or a Tebow offensive set, I think they’re insane and obviously have not watched the Patriots for the last decade plus, Tom Brady doesn’t come off the field.

I have not seen anyone suggest that. Brady should never come off the field that I agree with 1000%

Joker, might I suggest you relax, read what you've written, and refrain from posting under the influence?

that's true but the article had nothing to do with that, it was about using him in practice to tune up the defense and NOT about using the wildcat in real games.
QFT

WE are all shallow, ignorant, jealous morons who "thrive on passionate ignorance" and who " tend to carve a position on Players, Coaches, etc. early on and fight tooth & nail to hold tightly to that position until they look like complete idiots even to their friends for continuing to do so." Nice, so we are all idiots because we shallow mindedly take positions on NFL football related and team related topics? Just what does this intergalactic moron expect fans to do? and the laughable part is she prints THIS self description of HER own fandom and is TOTALLY UNAWARE of HER ignorance and bias..fight tooth & nail to hold tightly to that position ...how does it not know what it is?

Apparently you don't understand that Brandi has been targeting the media(read ESPN/NFLN), and NFL fans for supporting that media.

You know, like a seemingly bad CBA agreement that one could argue is hurting football, and doing nothing but lining the owners pockets? If the CBA was as big a win for football fans as the media claimed it was2011, why does it seem that is not the case now? Its not like those media outlets had a vested interest in putting *any* football on the field even at the cost of a lower quality product.
(I'm not going argue it, but ~ Brandi doesn't seem alone in that opinion)

Inside the 49ers | NFL teams need to rethink regimens for players? safety | The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa, CA

New Collective Bargaining Agreement limits players' offseason - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

NFL 2014: Coaches and players alike struggle with lack of contact practices | Fox News

NFL owners destroyed the players in CBA negotiations - Sports - The Boston Globe

Its weird ya know, all those stories, but not a peep out of the NFL network or ESPN... ~ Must be an oversight? No big deal.

As to thriving on passionate ignorance and "They tend to loathe anything more than Soundbite Level "Analysis""

When's the last time you saw the NFL network diagramming plays? How about the last ESPN full page report on O/D line play? How about CBS's insightful breakdown explaining the intricacies of route tree's or cloud vs buzz zones? Certainly for a game as popular as football, people would want to hear about the finer points from people who played the game, and live and breath it?

Newp we get this...

A pair of Patriots rookie receivers, Aaron Dobson and Josh Boyce, briefly received attention from members of the team's training staff during practice, but both returned to action.

Though the offense was perhaps not as sharp as it was during a lights-out Tuesday afternoon, Tom Brady was able to work the vertical passing game with his rookie targets during team drills.

The specials teams focus for the day was on the punt and punt return teams, as well as some late field goal/field goal block work. The teams did not tackle again today, typically working to a wrap-up/thud.

You sir, are placing your ire in the incorrect direction. You believe Brandi is calling you a moron. That is not her point at all.

Her point is that the NFL and its media, treats fans as though we are morons. By giving us nothing in the way of meaningful commentary, and continuing to ooze out its pre-canned, pre-determined stories).

Message boards like this one are the only bastions of actual NFL reporting and discussion.
How many times have I been told on the board "oh stop crying Joker, you know this is part of what we do.." when the contract dissections and analyzations get into quantum mechanics level discussion?

Fwiw, I love this kind of passion, atleast you give a ^&$#. Ever wonder why the media never discovers these types of things?

I'd be happy to take this to a IM, E-mail, or private message exchange if you'd like to discuss this further. However I have never seen someone be so totally and completely misguided about someone else's intentions before. I don't agree with Brandi on a lot of stuff. However I believe her analysis about the NFL media is spot on.

Please return to your regularly scheduled thread, I apologize for getting sucked into the derail to begin with.

Apparently you don't understand that Brandi has been targeting the media(read ESPN/NFLN), and NFL fans for supporting that media.

apparently you're so Tedrunk you fail to see that PATRIOT FAN is a SUBSET of NFL FANS. Of course, that's understandable coming from the Tetroll Army.

Here's her exact vomit....

"There have been some things that have been consistent about NFL Fans and NFL Media.

1) They tend to thrive on Passionate Ignorance."NFL fans are ignorant...subset Patriots fans ergo WE are ignorant. I do not accept this idiotic premise and I question the author's right to post such bigoted nonsense unchallenged"
2) They tend to carve a position on Players, Coaches, etc. early on and fight tooth & nail to hold tightly to that position until they look like complete idiots even to their friends for continuing to do so.(This is Pats Fans dot com, an NFL internet board I consider to be one of the finest, most informative football boards ANYWHERE in the WORLD!!! Who the hell does this 5 ton manatee think she's dealing with when she paints US with her broad brush of NARROW BIGOTRY!!!This has become more magnified and perhaps more intense in this era where "None of My Friends"has become an accepted unit of measurement.( Utter ,preposterous garbage of the most fetid, stinking, putrefying kind. Among the many THOUSANDS of friends here at Patsfans the one thing that makes us such a tremendous asset to the sports fan community is weDO THE EXACT OPPOSITE. For example, I am a Pats fan in FAVOR of Tebow making the roster. I am a Pats fan that SEES his pluses , as well as his well documented deficiencies. Many of my fellow PATRIOT FAN friends do NOT share my opinion and are distinctly ANTI Tebow making the roster. Then there are PATRIOT FANS that just don't really care because they SEE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES wit the Pats going forward than Tebow . A PATRIOT FAN Here pulls "None of my friends" and he gets roasted alive
3) They tend to loathe anything more than Soundbite Level "Analysis" and take great pride in it. I can't tell Y'All how many times I've had NFL Fans and even some NFL Media say things like "Who takes the time to read the CBA?" when the CBA directly answers whatever the debate of the day happened to be. And say it in such a way as to have it attempt to say that, so long as they're ignorant of things, it makes their arguments valid. (You cannot dismiss my claims simply on the basis of my not knowing what I'm talking about.)" I CAN and MOST CERTAINLY DO dismiss her claims out of hand. A poor slob in a coma ward for ten years possesses more NFL knowledge than this Carrie Nation clone Temoroness.

Joker why cant you start your own thread on it? why hijack an unrelated thread?

Its a simple question but I am sure I will get a 4 paragraph response on ancient greek politics

Joker why cant you start your own thread on it? why hijack an unrelated thread?

Its a simple question but I am sure I will get a 4 paragraph response on ancient greek politics

put me on ignore.....*POOF*!.....Instant relief...then you can run around making all kinds of other "MY THREAD!!!"'s like a five year old girl.Maybe your precious Brandi will give you a cookie

This Week in Trolling: The Scourge of Awful, Spammy, Stolen Online Content ? RblSportsNet.com | Sam DeWitt Presents...

your precious heroine, beautiful 2 ton Brandi...unmasked for who she REALLY is...a fraud...a plagiarist...a thief...a COMPLETE AND UTTER LIAR.

and then there's "THIS WEEK IN TROLLING" starring...you guessed it...Space Alien..uh..er..Sportsbabe Brandi..

What Other Options Do the NFL Have?

"Tim Tebow didn’t suddenly “forget” how to throw the Football. The National Football League just forgot how to Play Football. But that will change soon."

One of my Inalienable Rights of All Sports Fans is…Sports Fans are not required to explain why they feel the way they do…about a Sport, a Coach/Manager, a General Manager, a Player or a Team. The instant you expect people to be “rational”, you have to stop calling them Fans and start calling them something else. What? I don’t know. Chumps, maybe. It doesn’t matter. Fans like who they like…don’t like who they don’t like…love who they love and hate who they hate.

ZEN MONGOBABE BRANDI!!!!

I think I've found the PERFECT boyfriend/mate for Baffling Brandi....YOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZippyCard2-240.jpg

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back