PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick can draw up a play from 1959 from memory because of course he can

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this seems unusual, it isn't. Mid level chess players can remember variations from games they played years ago. Not just that games - what could have happened but didn't. It is not a sign of genius, but a sign of passion for whatever the thing is - for Bill football for chess players chess.
It goes to show it isn't just a job for Bill, he likes it.

When Bill retires he won't go in the booth, etc. He will be his grandson's Pop Warner coach and pity the other coaches. :)

Haha - great catch, Dawg.

LeGarrette Bellino!!!!!

Check out the video at the 0:20 mark: The two plays are close, but the blocking is a bit different - - by design or simply circumstance? I dunno. The Navy left guard pulls all the way to the far right, whereas Thuney stays home. Other difference I can see is that Blount read his block differently and cut outside of it while Bellino just cut inside of it because the Navy blocker cut his man to the outside while Bennett and Develin cut their guys to the inside. I think I heard/saw something where the Blount run was designed to cut inside the block but as opposed to the fullback blocker in the Navy play, Bennett is already blocking the edge rusher inside and develin can only clamp down on him inside, so Blount reads the play as not setting any edge on the 4th down and simply cut outside of the initial block on his own read.

Loved the video, brought back memories of the tradition of tearing down the goal post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots