PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill and Scott blow ESPN off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think it was interesting that Wendy Nix was in KC. She usually covers the Pats for ESPN. They have several reporters who cover specific teams like Ed Werner for the Cowboys and Sal Palantonio for the Eagles. It was pretty clear that ESPN was persona non grata.

The thing is that if Walsh produces nothing, I think the Pats could end up suing ESPN too. For all the talk of the Tomase piece, Mike Fish's piece about Walsh having really damaging information on the Patriots, but won't reveal it unless he gets indemnity might be grounds for a defamation suit also. In fact, the Pats may have a better case vs. ESPN than the Herald.

In Fish's article, he said that Walsh did not provide any evidence to him. Yet he ran the story saying that Walsh hinted he has evidence that shows more cheating by the Patriots. If Walsh has nothing, then ESPN posted damaging information about the Patriots based on a lie of a non-credible source that ESPN admits that they did not verify was actually true. That may be easier to win a defamation suit against than what Tomase did.

The only reason they may not do it even if they have a case is because ESPN is paying the league over a billion dollars a year for a TV contract and Kraft would not want to hurt the league.

Last edited:
yeah, I have to admit that I started watching the Pre-Draft show on ESPNHD only because it's an HD channel I can get. I couldn't make it through 15 minutes before I switched over to NFLN.

Rish Eisen and that crew are way more on top of their game than ESPN, especially for the way they can easily segue into other subjects, trivia, etc. I also like Mooch as an anouncer, and am still a big fan of Jamie Dules.

It just seems to me that NFLN is relaxed and confidant, and makes me feel like I am there live with them and being a part of the show rather than being talked at (or, often enough, down to) by the ESPN crew.

respects,

i'm not surprised at all because ESPN has been hostile to Pats during spygate incident. I don't watch / listen to ESPN any more because their comercial break is too long and their guests are no good and their analysis about Pats is even worse.

I like fox sport.

Last edited:
i'm not surprised at all because ESPN has been hostile to Pats during spygate incident. I don't watch / listen to ESPN any more because their comercial break is too long and their guests are no good and their analysis about Pats is even worse.

I like fox sport.

:confused:

I stopped watching that channel (won't even use their name) over a year ago and am so happy that I did. Every morning I used to turn on that channel, now it is NFL network. If my wife leaves before I do she knows not to put it on that channel & puts on NFL network.

F(*% that channel and their National Inquirer-type reporting. It's all fluff these days with no substance. I could take 3 people from this board and come up with a better pre-game show with more insight & intelligence while leaving any bias out of the conversation.

I stopped watching that channel (won't even use their name) over a year ago and am so happy that I did. Every morning I used to turn on that channel, now it is NFL network. If my wife leaves before I do she knows not to put it on that channel & puts on NFL network.

F(*% that channel and their National Inquirer-type reporting. It's all fluff these days with no substance. I could take 3 people from this board and come up with a better pre-game show with more insight & intelligence while leaving any bias out of the conversation.

I'll volunteer for that job! What channel is hiring us? :D

The phrasing of the thread is very contradictive... at first I thought you meant we were sucking up to them (or worse!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes