PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill and Scott blow ESPN off

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
While granting interviews to other media outlets Belichick and Pioli apparently refused ESPN's request for an interview. Gee I wonder why? :rolleyes: Sorry I thought this was from an ESPN blog ....... Not a message board,although the writter has seemed to be credible in the past. :bricks:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2724061&lid=5

You will notice that ESPN had no interview with Bill but the NFL network did. ESPN asked and is still basically begging for Bill or Scott.

Mayo
NEInsider Post #1: 4:46 pm

Total Posts: 4 Mayo was the player targeted from day one. He blew us away in the on-site inerview. This kid is super smart, tough, flexible, and loves the game and a very high charater kid. His football smarts are off the chart as are his intangibles and leadership. This kid NEVER takes a play off and during the interview process actually made suggestions and observations on sets we run that raised Bill's eyebrows.

The trade was set up yesterday as Mayock just mentioned on NFL network. You will notice that ESPn had no interview with Bill but the NFL network did. ESPN asked and is still basically begging for Bill or Scott. Mayock and Bill have always been close and he has been the only guru Bill enjoys talking with. Mayock is highly respected around here.

Last edited:
I give lots of cred to an internet message board "insider" when the only info the guy gives that can be confirmed is stuff that was already on television, and everything else is uer generated rumor and gossip.

LOL!! :rofl:
GOOD. IN THE WORDS OF CURT SCHILLING "THEY CAN GO SUCK IT FOR ALL I CARE".

I give lots of cred to an internet message board "insider" when the only info the guy gives that can be confirmed is stuff that was already on television, and everything else is uer generated rumor and gossip.
Your right in my hast to type it up I didn't notice that it was an internet message board. I thought it was from ESPN. :bricks:

Last edited:

Reiss reported earlier that ESPN is not at Gillette either.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/04/welcome_to_gill_34.html
In terms of media interest, 74 credentials are expected to be issued today. That number could grow. The NFL Network has a television reporter here; ESPN does not.

OK, lets confirm what we can. Did the NFL Network have a BB/SP interview while ESPN interviewed other teams drafters but the Patriots.

Yes, the rest is conjecture, but does it fit the facts we know?

Your right in my hast to typ it up I didn't notice that it was an internet message board. I thought it was from ESPN. :bricks:

Don't worry about it. I certainly hope that it's true though.

I doubt his credibility too, but I think he's right on this matter. BB has no time for ESPN.

It was kind of awkward whenever they sent it over to Brian Billick and he asked BB a question. I don't think those two are particularly fond of each other as evidenced by Daniel Wilcox's interview on Sirius NFL Radio where he said that Billick told his team that he really wanted to beat BB on that Monday night.

Don't worry about it. I certainly hope that it's true though.
I hope so they certainly deserve it after continuosly pounding the 'spy gate" and "Walsh" storys to death. :mad:

I doubt his credibility too, but I think he's right on this matter. BB has no time for ESPN.

It was kind of awkward whenever they sent it over to Brian Billick and he asked BB a question. I don't think those two are particularly fond of each other as evidenced by Daniel Wilcox's interview on Sirius NFL Radio where he said that Billick told his team that he really wanted to beat BB on that Monday night.

Actually, I think BB and Billick are cool. Remember the week after crapgate, when Billick accused the Jets of cheating. Something about the Jets D line shouting out snap counts or something.

And I am sure BB can respect Billick wanting to beat him. That's the name of the game.

Actually, I think BB and Billick are cool. Remember the week after crapgate, when Billick accused the Jets of cheating. Something about the Jets D line shouting out snap counts or something.

And I am sure BB can respect Billick wanting to beat him. That's the name of the game.

There's definitely a mutual respect going. I don't think they're friends like BB and Gruden, Jimmy Johnson, Saban, Meyer etc but they seem friendly.

I wouldn't doubt it if Beoli do blow off ESPN,I think BB ha done it before after a SB. He refused to be interviewed by them, because of comments made about him earlier that year.

Last edited:
Good. the Pats don't owe ESPN anything.

hahahaha....good for them...fu** em :rocker::rocker::rocker:

i absolutly love bb and pioli blowing the douche bag know nothings at espn off. it makes my day and month. f that station. i hope they are banned from entering gillette

100 of my viewing was NFL Network, screw espn their coverage sucks any way.

This is music to my ears....:) **** espn, haven't watched them since and dont plan on anytime soon

i wont be surprised if ESPN is funding all the walsh investigation and BB/pats found out about it and might be giving them the finger.
Also observe, pats play only 1 monday night game this yr which iam sure ESPN wouldve liked more off considering the ratings. Wont be surprised if kraft pulled a few strings on that too.

I love it and hope they continue the middle finger salute to ESPN and Mortensen and the freaking homo Mike Greenberg and Tom Jackson and Mike Ditka. I hope they told them to go F themselves. ESPN has turned into the freaking Enquirer, allowing their personalities to show their allegiances and biases.

The more and more I think about it, NFLnetwork would be a wonderful edition to cable. I dont know whats goin on in the war department with all that, but come next season I'll specially order it in support of another channel which can dethrone espn's horrible self. At the very least take some money away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing