Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill and Hillary rally in Des Moines,Iowa

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

watched it on C-SPAN last night. She has really improved as a spreaker and she is doing the right thing politically appearing with him. Whether you like them or hate them, im just speaking politically here, As its a Democratic year in 2008, and the winner of the Democratic Nomination is going to win the Presidency, last night told me all i need to know.
    Ive never seen a campaign event like that in the July of the year BEFORE the election.
    Hillary Clinton is our next President.

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

For me, that's a truly shudder-inducing statement. In a bad way.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +798 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

She needs to get her "Definitely Against" number below 46% to make comments like that. If 46% would definitely vote against you, your margin for error is REALLY THIN.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

Hillary could crap golden eggs, cure aids, solve world hunger and make everlasting peace and I still would not vote for her.. there are so many better potential candidates, with tons of less political baggage.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

I would have no trouble voting for her, though she's the most conservative of the Democratic candidates. For many people, she has been defined by right wing liars as ultraliberal and corrupt, but there's no evidence of either, and I have to believe that her team has a plan to reintroduce her. I do know this: her senate record is very pro veteran, and in New York State she has a lot of support in that regard. Also the fact that she used to be an active Republican should help her.

From what I've seen, she's the most commanding speaker and the strongest leader in either party. Some say she's modeling her campaign after Thatcher, and running as the Iron Lady. The feeling is that if a woman doesn't show tremendous strength she'll be attacked a a woman. I expect that if she gets the nomination, the right wing will froth at the mouth and launch a campaign that makes the Swift Boat people seem gentle.

GJAJ15, I'm surprised you have such a strong negative feeling about her that you absolutely wouldn't vote for her. Is she any worse than Kerry? (Maybe you didn't support him either, I don't know.)

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

This country needs some really new ideas and none of the status quo guys and girls do not fit this need.. the last thing we need is another establishment person, this country needs a completely new vision to try to stop this polarization and to try to bring us together. Hillary is just another insider who will perpetuate what is going on inside the beltway..

7. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

All she needed to be our next President is to win Ohio.

I thought Ohio is very winnable, with a Democratic Governor and Senator.

I also like her chances in Colorado and New Mexico.

I believe she has a really chance to be our next President.

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Will we ever get a president with names other than Clinton and Bush? This is a two family monarchy. I haven't seen anyone running yet that gives me a reason to feel optimistic about this country's direction. It's time for a change though.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

I agree and you said it much more inteligently than I could have, I am biting my tongue right now, good work.
    :bricks:

10. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

After George Bush's debacle, I can't imagine any event can be "shudder-inducing".

11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

this wasnt a comment of whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing, just a political observation.

It doesnt matter that 46% wont vote for her. she only needs one more vote than her opponant to win. I saw a very polished politician speaking to a mid-July of 2008 type audience, not 2007. I saw a very popular former President right there with her and a speech very strong and full of contrasts between now and 6 and a half years ago.
    AGAIN, its not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with that, but most americans do feel Bill Clinton was a better President that George W BUsh. Al Gore failed to embrace the Clinton years and it cost him the White House. Hillary will not make that mistake.
    She very smartly stressed her experience of being right there in the White House and her Senate years and how this job at this time is a job you need to take on the ground running, pointing out the glaring lack of experience of Obama.
    Bill and Hillary touring the country next year ala 1992 will not lose to any Republican. It will be close, but as was stated, if she picks Richardson especially, Colorado and New Mexico are hers, and Ohio and Missouri are very winnable.
    And there are hordes of young Ricky Lake/Oprah Winfrey watching woman who will go out and vote for her just because shes a woman.
    Just objective political observations. I dont care for her support of Planned Parenthood or her purely political vote for the war, although i lean much more to the Democratic Party than to the Republicans.

Just stating from what ive seen and know of politics. She has the toughness to get through all this and I believe she will win the White House.

12. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I believe the Republicans are under-estimating her again, as they underestimated in the two NY Senate race. And they paid dearly for their arrogance.

I think she has a really chance of winning the White House. She will hold all the blue states that Kerry won. All she will need is one more state from among Ohio, New Mexico, and Colorado. I really like her chances.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

That all depends on who she would potentially face. If she faces Rudi G, then she might lose some Blue states in the north east, like NJ, NY, or maybe Pennsylvania. The election in 2008 is going to come down to match ups. Certain candidates will win against one, but lose against another.

14. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

She WILL win NY and NJ. She WILL also win NH. I like her chances in PA. I believe she will SWEEP the entire Northeast area.

I think Rudy Giuliani has more baggage than Clinton. Some examples are his relationship with the corrupt Bernard Kerik and his connection with mobs through this consulting works.

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, but as much as you really really really want to believe it's true, it ain't. She is just as bad a speaker now as she has always been (if not worse). Listening to her is like listening to nails scratching on a chalkboard. Her husband has truckloads of charisma. Unfortunately for her, she has none.

16. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How do you compare her speaking style and charisma to your idol George Bush?

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

She sounds like a Maine Bob Cat who has just had a leg caught in a Bear Trap, I turned the volume up on my TV when she was giving one of her "rousing speeches", my dog vomitted and then jumped out the window.

The best weapon the Republicans can use against Pant Suit is to keep showing her picture over and over again and keep playing her speeches when she is yowling and screaming and her teeth are hanging out.

Yes, Bush looks like a Chimp, I am going to go through all my old National Geographic magazines to see if I can find A Hillary.

18. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

If Rudy wins the nomination im convinced some Pro-Lifer will run as an independant just to keep him from taking over the party winning the White House. So not only dont i think Guiliani will get the nomination, even if he does, i dont think he can win the General Election as either the conservatives stay home, or they will vote for the protest conservative independant who runs.

19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, George Bush is far from being my idol, but he is definitely considerably more charasmatic than Hillary ever will be. And he was truckloads more charasmatic than Algore too...

By the way, how did you guys fukc up the 2000 election...? I mean, seriously.... You had every advantage imagineable going for you and you still managed to lose....

20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So the people who didn't vote for the shrub are the ones who screwed up?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.