PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Biggest turnstiles on the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I used to joke that playing RT opening day for the Patriots was like being "#2" on The Prisoner -- next episode, somebody else would have the job. Nick Kaczur finally stabilized things for a while, but the merry-go-round is spinning again with Vollmer's injury. Hopefully it will slow again in future seasons, as Vollmer becomes a fixture there.

Have things been as extreme at any other position? Rest-of-OL, DL, and LB have all had years of stability. So have QB, K, and LS. Punters have come and gone rather frequently.

Starting RBs have been Smith, Dillon, Maroney, BJGE, and who else? Bit of a revolving door there too, I guess, but Faulk gave a feeling of stability.

TE was more or less stable for some years with Grahambo and Watson. We are now in the second Year of the Gronk.

Slot WR has been pretty darned stable with Troy and Wes, even with injury years and so on. #1/#2 WR have cycled a lot more, however -- Troy/Patten, Branch/Givens, Moss/Welker, the current crew, and some others we'd like to forget.

#1 CB hasn't been that stable -- Law, Asante, Hobbs (sigh), Bodden, McCourty, perhaps others. #2 CB has been even more volatile than that.

Safety has been less volatile than CB.

What am I missing?

Hmm. Not the greatest of thread titles; it would be too tempting to simply say "Dan Connolly" or "Matt Light"

So you mean to tell me the roster has changed significantly over the last 11 seasons???!!! Wow!!!

So you mean to tell me the roster has changed significantly over the last 11 seasons???!!! Wow!!!

No. I'm trying to figure out where it has changed the most frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back