PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Biggest Myth: "Impossible to decode tapes at halftime"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Bill, in that he thought the taping could be helpful, but maybe a little in future games with the same teams that had the same DC when they played again. But in my opinion it would so complex that it could hurt you more than help you.

Depending on the size of the video crew and coaching staff it may be possible to use the info for the same game, but alot of things would have to be done perfectly.

Say all the cameras are set have the same timecode, which may be set to real time, so all the tapes can be matched up later in the editing process.
Maybe one camera could be on the DC and one on the Defense.

Say someone just writes down on a piece of paper the real time of the defensive plays.

After the defensive series, you could pop the tape out and have someone run the tapes to the editing room, the cameraman could just put in another tape.

in the editing room you could have two tape players with two monitors. Use the list of the plays you want then sinc both tapes to the same timecode.

You would just need to have some Coach watch the monitors and see the signal and write it down then write down what they do. (If you were to load the footage into a computer with the editing software, it would take real time, and could be done for the info to be used later. you could edit the DC then show the play.)

after that the guy who watched the tapes could take that list and go watch the next defensive series he could get to.

All this would take lots of time to do this. then it would be just random. you would have to see the signal, relay that to the coach, then adjust accordingly.

The video could be easily matched together, but to process the info and to be able to use it in the same game would be so terribly hard.

Just a ridiculous asserttion...no more needed to be said...

why do people even respond to these obvious Jet fan stool pigeons? I have NEVER seen a collective group of willing, running to the grand jury testifying RATS in the entire time I've followed sports.Jeezus, they are shameless...I pity their poor mothers (half of which are probably in jail because of their rat Jet fan sons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back