Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Bigger loss on IR - Rodney Harrison or Lawrence Maroney?

• Rodney Harrison

Votes: 90 75.0%
  • Lawrence Maroney

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Neither - Both are replaceable

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Both are equal as big losses

Votes: 9 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodney will be missed more for his leadership skills even if he's lost a step or two

With Maroney it's addition by subtraction. I mean, come on, he of the dancing glass moniker. He stunk out there. Although I don't know why they didn't use him on sweeps and screens. Probably afraid he'd get injured. Too late!

Probably a nice guy, but just not much of a football player, unfortunately.

Swing and a miss for Pioli again.

Harrison was a liability in pass coverage but was good in the run. Plus he's a spiritual leader and all around hard ass. That will be missed.

Re: Bigger loss on IR ............

until Sammy and Lamont come back LoMo will be a big loss, but then again losing a leader like harrison, thats big
i say both are

Based on overall contributions to the team, it's Harrison, hands down.

Based on this season it can only remain to be seen. Morris and Jordan have yet to prove they can stay on the field. Faulk and Evans are roleplayers. If we're entering the BJGE featured back era, let's hope he's one big ass diamond in the rough... Sad as it is Rodney's career was coming to an end - he was a UFA next season and they have been drafting and planning for that for a couple of seasons now. Hopefully they did so well.

Based on this season it can only remain to be seen. Morris and Jordan have yet to prove they can stay on the field. Faulk and Evans are roleplayers. If we're entering the BJGE featured back era, let's hope he's one big ass diamond in the rough... Sad as it is Rodney's career was coming to an end - he was a UFA next season and they have been drafting and planning for that for a couple of seasons now. Hopefully they did so well.

You can pretty much sign and plug in any runner you want (remember Mike Cloud et al? They were doing this during the first Super Bowl years). It's why 6th round picks end up doing better than 1st rounders. I'm not convinced that there's any massive difference between running backs in this league - offensive lines (and passing games, thus keeping guys off the line) make up the difference, while at other positions the difference in talent level and playing ability is clearly noticeable and affects the team much more. I'm not too worried about BJGE, and Faulk and Evans have both had 100 yard games in their careers.

By the looks of it, half of the practice quad will end up playing significant minutes this year due to the rising number of injuries. While the injuries are unfortunate, it allows the younger players to rise to the occation. If the Pats are going to do anything this year, it's going to be a total team effort...and when I say "total", I mean it literally.

Rodney because of his leadership.

Most definitely Harrison the pats have always won games w/out marooney

Ryan O'Callaghan.

Harrison easily. Meriweather/Sanders need to step up big time to fill the void.

This season, you hardly notice the difference whether Maroney is in or out of the lineup. Well except the OC grins and says, "Alright, less dancing!"

Last edited:
Harrison easily. Meriweather/Sanders need to step up big time to fill the void.

This season, you hardly notice the difference whether Maroney is in or out of the lineup. Well except the OC grins and says, "Alright, less dancing!"

Unless of course Morris can't stay on the field and Jordan never does get back on it...

I'll rescind my earlier post. Our biggest loss to IR is TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back