PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Biggest Cap Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantrix

Rookie
Reaction score
I keep hearing how much Big Willie is Costing us next year and how much he needs to restructure.Im Curious as to how much he's counting against(Lets not forget many productive seasons this guy continues to have,4.5 Sacks in the Jax game At Wildcard,WOW.I mean COME ONE) He Continues to produce for us So Is it really that much to pay the guy a few more years? Who Else is a heavy hitter for this upcoming years cap? I have also heard Of Dillion maybe being asked to take a cut? That is another I dont agree with,He will be back this year,Maybe His Last Shot at a STELLAR season if he can kick the injury bug? Though,He did already get an extension last year.ALot of the names out there around Restructuring ARE guys that Are getting a Little Older.But when healthy,Deserve the big bucks.(The Two ABove Mentioned).So Again,Who's deserving of the award "Biggest Cap Hits">?

Willie is an $8.3M cap hit next year as of now :

www.patscap.com

Second highest on the team behind Brady.

Tantrix, have u considered directing your charitable and compassionate impulse towards hurricane or tsunami relief?

Corey Dillon would (justifiably) laugh at the Patriots if they asked him to take a cut.

According to Miguel's charts, Dillon has a cap number of $4.56 million if the Pats keep him and a cap number of $5.4 million if they cut him, plus the cost of a replacement player. Even an idiot can do the math on that one!

The Pats have very few places on the currently signed roster to turn for easy cap relief. A Brady restructure (depends on a new CBA). Cutting or restructuring McGinnest. Cutting Duane Starks. Cutting Tyrone Poole. Those are ones with significant dollars involved. For the most part, the savings for cutting anyone else would be eaten up by signing a vet minimum JAG to replace him or would just be stupid -- like cutting Ted Brushi and trying to replace him for the $1 million in savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes