PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Vince Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...Mods please merge if a thread like this exists....seems like the others I found were closed.

I mean really, Vince is so unselfish, such a hard worker, and admired greatly by his coach who says his leadership skills are even better this year.

I appreciate the hell out of him I can tell you that. If his backers can get in there while he continues to do what he does....woah.

Pure Beast...

Deserves all the appreciation that will be forthcoming in this thread.

Top player and seems like a top guy as well, glad he's a Patriot.

wilfork-hit-9-30-12.gif

But, but, He is the third worst DT/NT in the league. I mean, it couldn't possibly be that statistics don't paint the whole picture, right guys? :rolleyes:

Big Vince is the Steven Jackson of our Defense.

Always out there busting his ass (Look at his snap count vs any other DT his size in the league) but rarely surrounded by talent on his side of the ball.
Plus, a really nice guy off the field to boot.

My hat's off to Big Vince, he's an absolute asset.

...Mods please merge if a thread like this exists....seems like the others I found were closed.

I mean really, Vince is so unselfish, such a hard worker, and admired greatly by his coach who says his leadership skills are even better this year.

I appreciate the hell out of him I can tell you that. If his backers can get in there while he continues to do what he does....woah.

Pure Beast...

Agreed. He's not quite the pure nose tackle the Mt. Washington was, he brings far more to the table and can play anywhere along the line, can rush the passer some and has a real nose for the ball. If he can get another ring or two...he might be HOF material. That good IMO.

He's obviously wearing down from playing too many snaps. :D

For years he's been the guy that goes to pro bowl after pro bowl, has the respect of opposing players and coaches, and quietly does the underappreciated job in the 2-gap scheme (draw double teams and make sure he must be accounted for, freeing up the Lbs to be the playmakers.)

I'm not smart enough to know whether it's because of scheme or him notching up an already good game, but for the last year or so he's been on a whole different level... not just playing that underappreciated role but single-handedly blowing things up several plays every game, sometimes spectacularly.

I'd be very happy with myself if I were half the man Vince is... what am I saying, I am half the man Vince is...

My 14 year old son was very disappointed to see that his Danny Woodhead jersey had a tear in it. He paused for a second and said "can I get a Big Vince jersey now?" During the game last night...he reminded me that he has amended his Christmas wish list to add an adult XL #75, in blue. He and I both marveled at the game Vince had last night. It was a Thanksgiving treat.

I think I maybe have to get two jerseys, one for him, one for me.

Vince Wilfork is the most underrated defensive lineman in NFL history.

First ballot hall of famer!

wilfork-hit-9-30-12.gif

Like popping a seed out of a grape.

wilfork-hit-9-30-12.gif

I LOVE THIS .GIF!!!! It's not just a big man destoying a little man, look at the details. He makes a pretty athletic move to get in position, puts his shoulder into the ribs, his head on the ball, wraps his arms and drives his legs through. Textbook. This guy is incredibly gifted and a close second to TB as team MVP over the last few years.

EDIT:
Almost missed him springing to his feet (quicker than I could) to pursue the ball.

Last edited:
How can anyone appreciate a guy that doesn't get 10 plus sacks every season? I just don't get it. ;)

If he isn't voted the starter in the probowl it is a travesty. I'm pretty sure if players and coaches around the Nfl voted it would be a landslide.

I've been watching this team since 1976 and Big Vince is, simply put, one of my all-time favorite Pats. Watching him work is a pleasure. I lose track of how many times he blows plays up but Mayo was right when he noted that when the linebackers make a big play it's usually tied to something Vince is doing.

On a side, non-football note, he is every bit as good a guy as public perception indicates. A former high school classmate of mine is involved with his annual charity draft party and she thinks the world of Vince and Bianca.

He's simply great on so many levels, both on and off the field. We are so lucky to have him anchoring the middle all these years.

Vince Wilford is the heart and sole of this defense's efforts against the run. When Vince has had enough....that is the end of that. He stuffs the O-line at the point of attack. Vince does make the O-line prove that it can gain some footing before he puts up the wall but can you blame him. If you were going to have to stay out there for 65+ snaps at his size and with the strength sapping role he has you would do the same.

As I have noted before if you watch enough Pats d-line play you eventually end up seeing Vince as this big blue island right in the middle of the line with waves of opponents lapping at his shores but unable to cause any erosion. He holds his own in the pass rush. He does seem to see that role as not allowing enough room for the QB to step up into the pocket but he does that.

Not sure what we would do without him cause regardless of Spikes, I fear teams would be runnin' all over the Pats without Vince.

i appreciate how much time the announcers and the broadcast of the game in general focused on Vince, and all that he did last night in that game. It gives an appreciation for him that simple stats just dont show, and allows NFL viewers with lesser knowledge of our sheme/ Vince's abilities to see that he is in fact very effective, even if the numbers dont show it.

I would not trade this man for any DT in the league, bar none.

vince is awesome...love the guy. Most people don't recognize NT out there. But as someone posted earlier...collinsworth couldn't stop talking about him last night

Last edited:
vince is awesome...love the guy. Most people don't recognize NT out there. But as someone posted earlier...collinsworth couldn't stop talking about him last night

The crew in the @Buf game couldn't stop talking about him either.

Big guy is getting some big time respect from the networks this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes