PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big things to come????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the release of McGinest and Chad Brown and the Pats not having re-signed Matt Chatham, the Patriots LB corps looks like this:

OLB: Colvin, Banta-Cain
ILB: Beisel, Alexander
OLB/ILB: Bruschi, Vrabel, Claridge
STLB: Davis, Izzo

Bruschi and Vrabel are obviously the Pats starting ILBs right now. And it remains to be seen where they are going to use Claridge. He spent much of camp prior to his injury, lining up at ILB where Johnson used to play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats move to bring Willie back and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft a tweener in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft. If not Manny Lawson, then Mark Anderson could also be a pick.

For ILB, I am not sure that any of them could start right away or even be much of a factor other than on Special teams, but the Pats need to invest here as well since i don't believe that Alexander is more than a special teamer.

I think that we may see the "Sleeping Giant" awaken and the Pats start to make some moves since things seem to be dying down already.

My thought was that the team was going to bring Willie back, too. But reading the article posted on this board, I'm not so sure. Undoubtedly, the team is using an early draft pick on this position. Its probably the best value group on the board this year. But without Willie here for the next year or two, it kinda makes me wonder how the team plans to bridge the gap while the rook learns the position.

Hmmm.....something is definitely going to happen here....but what?

Julian Peteson, baby. Then Ty Law. Package deal with Poston clients.

BelichickFan said:
Julian Peteson, baby. Then Ty Law. Package deal with Poston clients.

No. Just stop it.

re

DaBruinz said:
With the release of McGinest and Chad Brown and the Pats not having re-signed Matt Chatham, the Patriots LB corps looks like this:

OLB: Colvin, Banta-Cain
ILB: Beisel, Alexander
OLB/ILB: Bruschi, Vrabel, Claridge
STLB: Davis, Izzo

Bruschi and Vrabel are obviously the Pats starting ILBs right now. And it remains to be seen where they are going to use Claridge. He spent much of camp prior to his injury, lining up at ILB where Johnson used to play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats move to bring Willie back and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft a tweener in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft. If not Manny Lawson, then Mark Anderson could also be a pick.

For ILB, I am not sure that any of them could start right away or even be much of a factor other than on Special teams, but the Pats need to invest here as well since i don't believe that Alexander is more than a special teamer.

I think that we may see the "Sleeping Giant" awaken and the Pats start to make some moves since things seem to be dying down already.

I would move Vrabel over to OLB to pair with Colvin, and look to sign or draft another ILB to play with Bruschi.

Beisel needs to go - he is completely worthless and a waste of a roster space (like Klecko and Poole).

Last edited:
Beisel needs to go - he is completely worthless and a waste of a roster space (like Klecko and Poole).

I think Beisel should be given one more season to learn this defense and get some good ol BB coaching under him, but I do agree with Poole and Klecko. As much as I hate to say it, cause there is sooo much to like about him. Being with us though hasn't done much for him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes