PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BIG SPECULATION: Peyton Manning to sign with the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
AZ is over the cap i cant see that happening

BIG SPECULATION : Chad Lowe is a Cardinals fan :cool:

Last edited:
We all know what happened the last time a person with that last name made a prediction about Manning.

Damn, if only the Pats could sign Eli Manning, then they may win it all:rocker:

Chad Lowe says Manning is signing with the Cardinals? Didn't Rob Lowe tweet that Manning's retirement was imminent a few months back? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm all done with "insider" info from the Lowe brothers :)

Aren't they like 16 something million over the cap? Where is that money gonna come from?

AZ is over the cap i cant see that happening

They wouldn't have even entertained a workout if they didn't have a plan...they actually can save a lot of cap room with cuts and restructures...so it's distinctly possible they could do it.

Last edited:
They wouldn't have even entertained a workout if they didn't have a plan...they actually can save a lot of cap room with cuts and restructures...so it's distinctly possible they could do it.

Yeah they can save $10mil+ by taking the franchise tag off of Calais Campbell. Cutting Adrian Wilson saves I believe $9.5mil against the cap ($6.5 base $3.5 roster bonus). And they just cut Levi Brown saving $14.5mil against the cap. That could be $34mil+ right there before any other cuts or re-structures.

Damn, if only the Pats could sign Eli Manning, then they may win it all:rocker:

The Pats will never make the playoffs again, if they sign Manning.

It's hard to beat the AFC East or any other AFC division every season winning 8-9 games a year and throwing nearly 30 INTs every year, he wouldn't even survive in the AFC.

We all know what happened the last time a person with that last name made a prediction about Manning.

If he just said he'd never play again, he's still not been proven wrong yet.

I can't believe everyone clamoring at the alter of Peyton Manning just accepts that Manning is right as rain and will step right in wherever he goes. It seems like Manning duped the Colts into thinking he was right as rain about this time last year, got them to pay him a boatload of money, then confessed, "Whoops, my neck is worse than I thought." After he dupes someone else into paying him a boatload of money this week, I will be interested to see if he makes it out of training camp.

If he just said he'd never play again, he's still not been proven wrong yet.

I can't believe everyone clamoring at the alter of Peyton Manning just accepts that Manning is right as rain and will step right in wherever he goes. It seems like Manning duped the Colts into thinking he was right as rain about this time last year, got them to pay him a boatload of money, then confessed, "Whoops, my neck is worse than I thought." After he dupes someone else into paying him a boatload of money this week, I will be interested to see if he makes it out of training camp.

Not really.

I would think that there would be a base salary plus something like a huge "games played" aspect to his contract $

Damn, if only the Pats could sign Peyton Manning, then they may win it all:rocker:

This place was never more fun than during the Michael Bishop era.
Put him in during short yardage situations! Pull Drew near the goal-line, and put in a guy who is unpredictable - will he throw, will he run, will he hand off, run the option? Those were great arguments! Since no one had any idea whatsoever what Bishop could do in, you know, a real game, everyone could be right, and anyone could be wrong.

What better short yardage QB than Peyton Manning? He can't throw long anymore - so put him in for third and short! We can type all day on that one.

Sign Peyton! It would be like Houston with the Twin Towers!

Good times.

Not really.

I would think that there would be a base salary plus something like a huge "games played" aspect to his contract $

Hmmm. I think Peytie Pie will refuse to sign for a team that "doesn't believe in him" in this way. He wants his $$ up front, and some dummy will pay it, is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes