PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big question, who replaces Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
and who does he take...

I vote Rob Ryan as DC, with the exception Jim Bates....

Pepper Johnson. Isn't Ryan with the Raiders? I can't imagine he will leave that DC position to come here.

I vote for Pepper

Supposedly Bill said Rob Ryan has a job with him anytime. I'm not certain that Mangini leaves. I'd want Bradways gone or taking orders from Eric if I were interviewing. He sucks as a personnel and draft guy. But he is the one doing the hiring... Wrongo!!

huskeralk said:
Pepper Johnson. Isn't Ryan with the Raiders? I can't imagine he will leave that DC position to come here.
I'm pretty sure he got canned with Turner. I've also heard he may be a candidate for DC in NY with Mangini.

I'll say Pees unless he heads off to Miami. Pepper, Ryan, Bates are all possibilities.

huskeralk said:
I think Mangini will get an offer but not from the Jets. I would not like Pees as a DC and Rob Ryan is a DC in Oakland but the Coach got canned so the new guy will likely not keep the old staff.

Well

I can't imagine him taking the JETS job, so i think he will still be here next year! He is young and will have the chance for a better situation in the future. He is smarter than to walk into a bad situation in NY---besides it's not like he isn't paid well in NE!

Sorry to dissapoint he is gone, as is Givens, Harrison .. Unless Rodney defies medical odds... this was a bad way to go out... Im so pissed and drunk, but who ******* cares... god how did we beat ourselves....

KDPpatsfan said:
Rob Ryan is a DC in Oakland but the Coach got canned so the new guy will likely not keep the old staff.
Ryan's contract has expired. He's a free agent, so to speak.

BelichickFan said:
Ryan's contract has expired. He's a free agent, so to speak.
NOT FOR LONG!!!

Is Bob Ryan so much better than what we have here with Pepper & Pees ? Did he do that great a job with the Raiders ? What about Joel Collier (15 years as an NFL defensive coach) ? Unless Ryan comes back and brings a 1985 Bears-like defensive scheme with him, I don't wan't him. I prefer we stay in house, and play the same style defense that was great under Romeo Crennel. What I do want is an actual offensive coodinator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back