Welcome to PatsFans.com

Big Payday for Fannie and Freddie Execs

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Drewski, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

1st Thread I have ever started yay for me :)

Anyway, interesting story on CNN Money site today. Looks like the top execs at our two favorite Federal Failed (errr Bailed Out) agencies are going to have a nice little payday thanks to the fine citizens of this great nation.

I am not opposed to employers rewarding achievement with higher pay and bonuses, to retain said talent. That wouldn't seem to be the case when Fannie and Freddie received the largest Federal Bailout.

Example #100,000,000,000,000,001 as to how our government continues to pork us all (except for those getting the really nice taxpayer funded salary and bonuses)

If I only knew that in some cases, flat out failure can be rewarded as much as greatness, my life to date would be much much different.

Fannie, Freddie executives score $100M payday post bailout - Nov. 15, 2011
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Congratulations!!!
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +112 / 7 / -10

Wonder when OWS will march on their houses.....;)
  4. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Makes me sick....

Its just as bad as the big banks/GM/AIG getting bailed out then paying top Execs hundreds of millions of dollars, damn private sector squiring us all over for the 100000000000000000000 time!

See what I did there? the private sector pulls the same crap as our government does! Both are wrong and both are to blame! But instead of giving some of it back like the government does they just keep it all to themselves......:cool:
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +112 / 7 / -10

Fannie is empowered by the government.

You are beginning to understand CRONY Capitalism, if you don't restrict government they will always play to the powerful (ie rich) interest be it unions of large corps. You are a ea Party member who doesn't know it yet ;)
  6. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm a little country and a little rock and roll:D

Your right I am a little Tea Party, I want lower taxes and less government but I want less military/aid not cuts to social programs. I want lower taxes on the middle class and the poor but higher taxes on the rich.

We don't want a huge overbearing government but at the same time we need to find a happy medium cause government should play a roles in our life's, to protect us and to help us, not to enable us or play favorites.

I like the some things about the GOP and I hate other things, I like some things about the libs but can't stand some things. I like some things about the tea party and some things I can't stand, I like some things about the OWS but I can't stand some things.

I have never been the type of person that sways to far one way or the other, I think anyone with half a brain knows that life is about compromise and working together to solve issues. I do however like things to be fair to a point and in the regard I will never compromise....
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Does Gingrich receiving 1.6 million dollars from Fannie in consulting fees count????

He probably needed the cash to pay off the Tiffany Bill, that he rung up to bribe Calista for putting her and his infidelity in the spotlight..
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

OWS isn't marching on The White House or Congress or Barney Franks House because they don't want to OFFEND the dirty bastards who are really to blame for the mess this country is in today.

The OWS are nothing but a bunch of Smelly Germ Carriers who know that Obama and the Pigs In The Senate And Congress are really the Problem, if Bush were president today these Creeps would be burning Washington to the ground.

WHO HANDED OUT THE BAILOUTS TO THE MILLIONAIRE BANKERS

OWS Sucks, clean them out.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

George W. Bush..
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

11. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Harry, both sides are the issue, there are no R's whose hands are clean, just as there aren't any D's whose hands are clean. Politics in this country (and maybe the world) has become less and less about public service to your fellow countrymen and women, and more about an "easy" career; one that is very lucrative, which it should have never have become. Pols, regardless of what lip service they provide, dont care about you, me or anyone else they serve. They are there for their own self benefit, and vote according to the wishes of those who have the means to keep them in power ($$).

The greed is unique in that it is one of the few qualities and beliefs that truly crosses the aisle.

Term limits, with real campaign finance reform and the reversal of the "Corps are people" SC ruling will start to turn this tide, giving the power back to the people. But why would pols cut off their own legs for us?
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +112 / 7 / -10

Campaign finance reform laws crafted by the corrupt isn't going to help. Restricting the First Amendment is a bad idea.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Right I said "The pigs in Congress & The Senate" ALL OF THEM.

New Book Out
    Amazon.com: Throw Them All Out (9780547573144): Peter Schweizer: Books
  14. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

You mean 1st amendment rights for something that exists only on paper? Paper doesnt have rights.....
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  15. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

Who's fault is it? I can name 4 PRESIDENTS!!

George H.W. Bush
    Bill Clinton
    George W. Bush- 1st Bailout
    Barak Hussein Obama- 2nd Bailout

Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Bailed Out Again; CEO Pay Set for Huge Boost | National Legal and Policy Center

Why cant we learn our lessons? Look at history! This is why we need a smaller federal govt. They arent the solution, but the problem. If it were up to me, I would of let them fail just like all the banks and corporations!
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Reread the post that was responded to, HB said who made the payouts to the millionaire bankers???? He did not specify Fannie Mae, he hijacked the thread again..