Welcome to PatsFans.com

Big Papi, proud US citizen

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Jun 13, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +156 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

"My whole family kids and everyone have been born here," Ortiz said. "It's a great country, proud to be here, now proud to be a part of it."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...iz_pride_of_sox_nation_joins_us_as_a_citizen/

As we all ***** and moan about our country, at the end of the day it is still the only place on the earth where a poor kid from the Dominican Republic, can work hard, play by the rules, and become a US citizen. (of course the hot wife, baseball superstar, and the millions of dollars might have swayed Papi's view of America to the positive)

Congrats Papi!
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Good for Papi, now he's a terrorist, like the rest of us :rolleyes:

the last part of your post....... is straight up, dead on FTW.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I guess he's no different than any other legal immigrant. Just like all our ancestors.

BTW...for all who believe I'm strictly liberal, I fully support cracking down on illegal immigration & increasing border security. I do NOT believe anyone who walked into this country uninvited deserves any benefits or jobs unless they have gone through proper channels.

I know illegal immigration has wreaked havoc with our health care system and driven up costs for the rest of us. Any health care reform act MUST address this issue directly.

A tad off-topic, but I just thought I'd throw that in there.