PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ol' Shake-up next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Anyone think Lynch and/or Law could appear next week on week-by-week deals w/ Law getting what he wants based on Performance (which he can likely NOT deliver)?

I don't think those two guys necessarily will turn up (Lynch seems 60/40, though), but I think with week one out of the way, any sitting vets look a whole lot more interesting to the Pat's. Of course if the "weak areas" turn in a solid performance, maybe little/nothing will change?

Mark me down as a "no" vote.

I think the Oneal signing proves that if there is someone they want, they wont be totally cheap and will go get him. I think cutting him was because Meriweather is healthy and thats alot of $$ for a backup slow safety. Hey, we got Ventrone,lol.

Negative on both. If Meriweather is healthy, it's a big ole sayonara to Lynch. Law wants way too much $$ and I don't think he has anything left. I think the Pats pass on him, regardless of the price. A trade for Sheppard would be more likely, but only if these CBs consistently get torched the first few games. Then the Pats might end up being that team that overpays for Sheppard.

There's no Law in a Lynch mob...:snob:

Lynch maybe. Only because we were always playing a safety as LB, and still having a SS back. I wonder if that experiment is over, or if Lynch comes back in a week or two, and resumes that role.

As for Law? No. We can't afford to feed his family. It's a REEEEALLY big family :D

The only shake up , I see is CJ Jones cut, Kevin Faulk activated..

I dont know who you cut if John Lynch is resigned.. And the more time goes by, do I want him back?? who do you cut lewis sanders.. ?? Sammy Morris?? highly unlikley there..

Again Ty Law has not played for this team for 4 yrs, that will continue, the junior seau era has offically ended also in my opinion..

I think that Junior will be back with the first injury on the defensive line.

I think that Junior will be back with the first injury on the defensive line.

wouldnt we be better off picking up a defensive lineman to replace an injured defensive lineman? :D

Last edited:
Lynch possible but way too much for Ty..making him a total longshot....NOT happening

Anyone think Lynch and/or Law could appear next week on week-by-week deals w/ Law getting what he wants based on Performance (which he can likely NOT deliver)?

I don't think those two guys necessarily will turn up (Lynch seems 60/40, though), but I think with week one out of the way, any sitting vets look a whole lot more interesting to the Pat's. Of course if the "weak areas" turn in a solid performance, maybe little/nothing will change?

I think it will be CJ Jones and Mark Le Voir leaving and Faulk and Mike Flynn returning. They didn't want to guarantee Flynn's salary because they are going to have to release him when either Neal or Ross come back.

I could see both Lynch and Law signing.

Lynch won't cost much and if the Pats think he can help this team they'll add him.

If Law is unable to attract serious $ elsewhere (highly likely), and he wishes to play ball, then I would imagine the Pats will be a highly attractive place to play for him.

I think that there are possibilities at EIGHT POSITIONS

1) OT - Flynn

2) RB - Faulk

3) S I don't think the team has ever started with three safeties. I want Lynch back.

4) CB - I think we already sign our corner in O'Neal, so I SUSPECT that Law and Shepherd are out.

5) OG/OC - Welbourn or another OL could replace Connolly.

6) LB - I guess Seau can wait until after the bye.

7) QB - And there is always the possibility of a veteran

8) DL - I don't ever remember starting with only six, and Le Kevin is injured.

I think it will be CJ Jones and Mark Le Voir leaving and Faulk and Mike Flynn returning. They didn't want to guarantee Flynn's salary because they are going to have to release him when either Neal or Ross come back.

Does anybody else think Law has seriously overplayed his hand? The season starts in three days. As a vested veteran, you really don't want to head into week 1 without a job, losing the salary protection.

I do think we'll see some veteran pickups in the next few weeks. Lynch remains a real possibility, and I don't think anybody ever expected Seau until week 2 at the very earliest.

p.s. mgteich -- when you say 3 safeties, are you not counting Slater? he's probably not ready, but i do think he's a safety now, and will probably be active for games.

I think Lynch will be back because I think there is a narrow, specific role that BB has for him, and I dont think its needed against the Chiefs. (My thinking is its removing a LB from the base and inserting Lynch against a pass-happy team like Indy)
I think BB has no interest at all in Ty Law, regardless of the money.

Lynch and an olineman. For the lineman, maybe someone who was at camp or maybe a surprise vet.

Last edited:
Faulk for C.J. Jones

Flynn for Connolly

Lynch for LeVoir

Addition of 1 or more of the above to practice squad with

subsiquent deletions.

4) CB - I think we already sign our corner in O'Neal, so I SUSPECT that Law and Shepherd are out.

Possibly Lynch, but for that reason stated by mgt, no on Law.

I think that there are possibilities at EIGHT POSITIONS

1) OT - Flynn...My #1, too. This should be a no-brainer.

2) RB - Faulk...Pretty much guaranteed.

3) S - I don't think the team has ever started with three safeties. I want Lynch back...
And a FS with coverage experience would be nice, too.

4) CB - I think we already sign our corner in O'Neal, so I SUSPECT that Law and Shepherd are out...
You're right: Never say never. Guys' requests change, situations change - for better & worse.

5) OG/OC - Welbourn or another OL could replace Connolly...
Welbourn & another lineman - or 2 - could replace Connolly (if injured), Levoir, Yates & Hochstein.

6) LB - I guess Seau can wait until after the bye...I guess so, too. He's probably not 100% yet, anyway.

7) QB - And there is always the possibility of a veteran...
At this stage? I'd be surprised, unless Tom's consecutive-games-played streak is over.

8) DL - I don't ever remember starting with only six, and Le Kevin is injured...
But not one of the remaining candidates inspired me. I would've signed Grady Jackson before Tom Dimitroff did. A backup NT & another Jarvis Green at DE would be nice, too.

I agree with this list, and would add WR - someone w/experience catching NFL passes, and now TE, depending on Watson's health.

Lynch maybe, Law no. That ship sailed when we signed O'Neal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes