PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big news: Vollmer practiced in pads today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good news indeed.

The Pats had the second best run-blocking line in the league (behind Denver) this year so the notion that Solder isn't a good run blocker is just not true.

Watching the tape, he is often pushing his man down the field, out in front of the runner. He makes it to the second level routinely and often makes multiple blocks on one play due to his incredible athleticism and footspeed. He and Waters actually outplayed Light and Mankins in the run game this year while Light had an excellent year in pass protection obviously. Mankins had an off year overall.

He did have some trouble with QB pressures (something like 26 QB pressures) to BOTH bullrushers and speed guys. The latter is something that stunned me because Solder has the best feet on the Pats and maybe only second to Ryan Clady league-wide.

Vollmer at RT, Solder in as an extra lineman on obvious running plays and goal line situations sounds good to me.

EDIT: Vollmer at RT. I typed LT by accident.

Last edited:
The Pats had the second best run-blocking line in the league (behind Denver) this year so the notion that Solder isn't a good run blocker is just not true.

According to whom?

I'd LOVE for you to PROVE to all of us that he has only 10% body fat!! LMAO!! You say "around" and I say "like", watch the game again, maybe 1 got called back, but I recall him whiffing a couple times and see him being the first to Brady on the ground with his hands on his hips. 35 pounds of fat is still 35 pounds of fat that none of those pass rushers have!:rolleyes:

Pretty sure none of their guys have 0% body fat

You are so full of sh!t it's pathetic.
What you recall doesn't mean a damn thing. It's been proven time and again that your "recollection" isn't worth a wooden nickel.

The % body fat for a normal male is 15%. 10% is considered to be very healthy. 5-10% is athletic. Less than 5% is considered UNHEALTHY. As is more than 20%.

Your claim that those pass rushers don't have any fat on them is absolutely pathetic and shows how ignorant you are. Do yourself a favor. Stop pretending that you are a scientist and go back to whatever waste collection job you have been doing so that you don't post more garbage.

BTW, How did Cameron Wake do against Cannon??

I seem to recall that Rex Ryan has 100% body fat. Does that make me full of #$@%, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back