PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big news: Vollmer practiced in pads today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the last poster, great news if he's good to go, but I wan't him as the second RT, playing when we go with a 3 TE set, had he been starting all season I'd be in his corner, but the SB is not the game to start after missing most of the season. It's Solder's job when he isn't the 3rd TE.

Edit: Agreeing with patfanken, DI stole my spot, even if I agree with his post as well.

Last edited:
I have to hnad it too you Jeff. You continue to be ignorant as always.

1) The Pats only gave up 2 sacks the last time they faced the Giants. Neither one was allowed by Vollmer.

2) Cannon has about 10% body fat. For a guy who is around 350lbs, that's not being fat. Not to mention that he's done fine against speed rushers. Or did you miss how he did against Cameron Wake?

Could you do everyone a favorite and keep your hate to yourself? Especially when you've been shown how ignorant you are..

I'd LOVE for you to PROVE to all of us that he has only 10% body fat!! LMAO!! You say "around" and I say "like", watch the game again, maybe 1 got called back, but I recall him whiffing a couple times and see him being the first to Brady on the ground with his hands on his hips. 35 pounds of fat is still 35 pounds of fat that none of those pass rushers have!:rolleyes:

I'd LOVE for you to PROVE to all of us that he has only 10% body fat!! LMAO!! You say "around" and I say "like", watch the game again, maybe 1 got called back, but I recall him whiffing a couple times and see him being the first to Brady on the ground with his hands on his hips. 35 pounds of fat is still 35 pounds of fat that none of those pass rushers have!:rolleyes:

Giants defense had 2 sacks and 3 total QB hits. NE spent more time in their backfield with 8 QB hits. You're imagining another game.

blindsquirrel.jpg

So you're comparing the biologist guy to Ray Charles? Good one.

Only guy I've ever seen nail a Patriots draft is this biologist guy. Totally crushed the Spikes and Cunningham pucks. Ignorant? I say no.

OT, but the board's draft contest that year ended in an 8-way tie.

It's all coming together, folks. I think the Pats are going to run the ball a ton this game. 35-45 times is what I am thinking...

The more I think about it, having TFB hoist the ball up 51 times doesn't make sense to me in this particular game.

Soldor has had an outstanding rookie year, but Vollmer (when healthy) is a better player. He is outstanding at run blocking.

Vollmer playing and perhaps using Soldor as TE on a majority of the running downs to save Gronk a little wear and tear is something I'll be looking for.

With all the yammering on regarding the Giants d-line, the fact is that they are undersized and can be run on. Mankins and Waters SHOULD have a field day.

Lots of no huddle and running the football.

Agree with the last poster, great news if he's good to go, but I wan't him as the second RT, playing when we go with a 3 TE set, had he been starting all season I'd be in his corner, but the SB is not the game to start after missing most of the season. It's Solder's job when he isn't the 3rd TE.

The 3rd TE is the key to handling the Giants D; it was in 42 and will be in 46. In 07, BB left the 3rd TE on the Inactive Roster and TB got murdered. That 3rd TE was the key to AFC CG against the Chargers. BB likes to mix it up and outcoached himself.

In an Interview with Germanys biggest nationwide newspaper "Bild" Vollmer says that his broken(!) Foot is fully healed.

Remember Last Season. What a Fired up Vollmer is able to do!

Vorwärts SeaBass. Deutschland steht hinter Dir!
(Germany Loves..... See Other thread)

I want to correct that congenial poster....I got Cunningham, Spikes AND Gronk! I was the first person to crack 3 BB picks just ask Patchick.:rocker:

Last edited:
OT, but the board's draft contest that year ended in an 8-way tie.

Ya, but I got 3 in a row and after day 2 there was a post about me by you correct?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until this year, nobody had ever gotten 3 picks right in the PatsFans draft contest. Ever. But this time around, an incredible 8 different ballots hit the magic 3 -- all 8 with different combinations of correct picks! And 16 more posters scored 2, equaling the previous high. There were so many correct guesses I had to make an entire scoring spreadsheet.

Granted, the Pats picking 12 times gave us all a lot of chances to be right. But the upshot is that Belichick actually gave us what we were looking for this year. Time will tell if that's a good or bad thing!

Hearty congratulations to our 8 wise winners:

ArmchairQuarterback (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Mesko)
borisman (Gronkowski, Spikes, Mesko)
bucky (McCourty, Mesko, Deaderick)
Criptonite (Cunningham, Spikes, Mesko)
dryheat44 (Price, Hernandez, Larsen)
jeffbiologist (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes)
Sparky (Spikes, Mesko, Robinson)
WhiZa (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Hernandez)

(edit: added one)

Last edited:
I thought Vollmer had back problems.:confused:

Great news.

Also, I kinda hope we run a TE screen to Solder. Might catch the Giants off guard.

Why would you trust the ball in the hands of a rookie OL that has never carried the ball in his professional career in the biggest game of the season? Like I said, he's an OL. He would probably carry that ball like a loaf of bread. The last thing we would need in the Super Bowl is an increased likelihood of a turnover.

Only guy I've ever seen nail a Patriots draft is this biologist guy. Totally crushed the Spikes and Cunningham pucks. Ignorant? I say no.

He is ignorant.. Especially when it comes to comments about guys he's done no research on, like Marcus Cannon. Jeff said that Cannon would never be able to play in the NFL until he lost 50 lbs. Problem is that Cannon only has 35 lbs of fat on his body or 10%. Kinda hard for the guy to lose 50 lbs..

And, as others points out, Vollmer didn't give up a sack against the Giants. So Jeff saying otherwise is ignorant.

You are so full of sh!t it's pathetic.
What you recall doesn't mean a damn thing. It's been proven time and again that your "recollection" isn't worth a wooden nickel.

The % body fat for a normal male is 15%. 10% is considered to be very healthy. 5-10% is athletic. Less than 5% is considered UNHEALTHY. As is more than 20%.

Your claim that those pass rushers don't have any fat on them is absolutely pathetic and shows how ignorant you are. Do yourself a favor. Stop pretending that you are a scientist and go back to whatever waste collection job you have been doing so that you don't post more garbage.

BTW, How did Cameron Wake do against Cannon??

Big News!

Here is what Dante Said:

"He'll play. He'll play in this game at some point, whether we have Nate [Solder] outside or him at tackle," Scarnecchia said, according to reporter Christopher Price. "He's going to be out there, and thank God we've got him."

Big News!

Here is what Dante Said:

"He'll play. He'll play in this game at some point, whether we have Nate [Solder] outside or him at tackle," Scarnecchia said, according to reporter Christopher Price. "He's going to be out there, and thank God we've got him."

GREAT, GREAT news.

Makes me feel a little better. (A "bitte" better?)

Will still worry incessantly about the Gronkle. No matter how well he looks walking across a tarmac or a media day, pushing off on the ankle and starting and stopping at full speed is another story.

Here's to hoping that Gordon Gronkowski was playing it up with an eye to the dramatic. He IS after all knee deep in marketing his sons and has not been above using their story for the family business:

Rob Gronkowski and brothers flexes family muscle in fitness commercial - Page 2 - ESPN

Last edited:
You are so full of sh!t it's pathetic.
What you recall doesn't mean a damn thing. It's been proven time and again that your "recollection" isn't worth a wooden nickel.

The % body fat for a normal male is 15%. 10% is considered to be very healthy. 5-10% is athletic. Less than 5% is considered UNHEALTHY. As is more than 20%.

Your claim that those pass rushers don't have any fat on them is absolutely pathetic and shows how ignorant you are. Do yourself a favor. Stop pretending that you are a scientist and go back to whatever waste collection job you have been doing so that you don't post more garbage.

BTW, How did Cameron Wake do against Cannon??

Gholston had 6% body fat.

Vernon Gholston - Men's Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill