PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big man Mankins gets a Rookie of the Year mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, it is disrespect, but then he's an O-lineman and the vast majority of viewers and media have no idea what those guys do anyway. He and Kaczur both contributed more to the team then voters credit them.

Heh... I'm just amazed an O-lineman got a vote at all.

Shocker... they picked a running back... just like they have for 36 of the past 49 years. And they've never... EVER... picked a lineman.

Broomer said:
as a huge Mankins fan I will just say that this is an OUTRAGE!!.....

it's spelled Logan....not "Login" WTF?
Wow, didn't even notice that they misspelled it when I cut and pasted. That just adds to the outrage!!

NEM said:
I dont think it is disrespect at all. For a 32nd pick in the draft, a player that no one even heard of.....to get a vote for rookie of the year, especailly an offensive lineman,,, tome that is a testament of success..and future greatness. ANd, a testament to the Patriots front office and scouting staff.

And, when you add Kaczur into the mix, what a great draft for the future of this team.
I thought the three smilies would underscore my sarcasm. :p

Maybe Logan and Richard can get together and get pi__ed off about
people misspelling their names and determine they will make sure people
know how to spell their names correctly. :)

You know what is truly crazy about the voting? Ronnie Brown had about 100 fewer total yards and one less touchdown and he gets 46 less votes. I'm not saying Brown should or shouldn't have won, but it should have been closer, right?

I'm not sure he should even be listed. He's done a fine job but he was a 1st round pick and has done what a first round pick should do. He's been good but not outstanding. I don't see how anyone could beat out Cadilac.

Hey, the fact that he even got 1 vote is good. He has had a solid but not really outstanding season.

Even if that was fan voting and a Patriots fan voted, I would have expected the vote to go to Hobbs. He's has had more publicity than Mankins.

Peter King voted for Mankins (look at his MMQ column). He's a Pats homer.

The real Surprise

No votes for Lofa Tatupu - MLB - Seattle ???

LA Pats Fan said:
No votes for Lofa Tatupu - MLB - Seattle ???
This was just the Offensive Rookie of the Year. If the Defensive ROY has been named, I haven't seen it yet.

Merriman won the Defensive ROY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back