PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben's Time To Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatekeeper

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I see so much mockery of Big Ben Roethlisberger by you Pats fans!

Let it be known that the Steelers will most certainly not be able to win this game with the running game. They will have to play great defense, but, even more than that, Ben will have to take the offense on his back and lead the team to victory. Which he will do.

Yeah, you heard me right. Pittsburgh wins this one, and Ben will be the primary reason. The offensive line hasn't been very kind to Ben this year, though he has more often than not bailed them out by making great plays. And I expect this game to be no different.

This will be the game that Ben finally proves to the world that he is a top 3 QB in the league. In fact, I can almost hear Phil Simms now come the end of the game.

"And here we see the two best quarterbacks in the NFL shaking hands, getting ready for another meeting in January. Big Ben comes out on top in this one."

I will most certainly revive this thread after the game.

You better hope he doesn't toss up a hairball like in the SB (22 QB rating) where his team and the refs carried him to a ring.

I’ll give him one thing, there’s no QB harder to take down then Big Ben.

Week in and week out I’m amazed at how many sacks the guy avoids.

Last edited:
Ben is not even close to a top 3 qb. This thread is a joke right?

Let it be known that the Steelers will most certainly not be able to win this game with the running game. They will have to play great defense, but, even more than that, Ben will have to take the offense on his back and lead the team to victory. Which he will do.

Yeah, you heard me right. Pittsburgh wins this one, and Ben will be the primary reason. The offensive line hasn't been very kind to Ben this year, though he has more often than not bailed them out by making great plays. And I expect this game to be no different.

This will be the game that Ben finally proves to the world that he is a top 3 QB in the league. In fact, I can almost hear Phil Simms now come the end of the game.

"And here we see the two best quarterbacks in the NFL shaking hands, getting ready for another meeting in January. Big Ben comes out on top in this one."

that's a pretty big insult to Phil Simms

You are a good and loyal fan Gatekeeper. Here's to a clean, hard fought game and you coming back and eating a little crow!

I really don't think Big Ben can carry an offense. If Pats stop the run they stop the Steelers.

I thought this thread would be about Ben Watson, but the timing seemed odd after Monday's game.

Best QB in the game right now. Can't say enough about him!

I hope BIG BEN plays like he did in the SB.

Nuff said

Ben is pretty good but he's no Tom not even close.

I don't particularly like the guy (reminds me of a redneck and not too bright for riding his face into an oncoming grille) but I'll give him his props. He's coming along and becoming an elite QB. I think he's the decided winner in the Manning and Rivers sweepstakes, and he's got a lot of attributes that make him a winner.

The questions about how he fairs when carrying the team are still somewhat open ended to me though. I'm not saying he can't. I'm just saying that I don't want him to, and don't want to believe it until it's proven beyond doubt. This is fair because nobody around the NFL gave Brady any props even after winning a SB. I think you might remember your own reaction: Show me? OK, that's fair. But he showed you. Ben hasn't really been required to carry a team like that so far. That's good for him, but it doesn't build the same image as a guy that becomes the focal point of a SB offense.

There's also a fair amount of respect for Roethlisberger on this board if you'll bother to look. Only the idiots on this board don't regard him as a top QB in the game.

We all remember how Ben torched the Patriots his first meeting ever with them, as a rookie. In fact he's likely the best young QB in football.

Good enough for you?

That was also the first time Randall Gay actually played any meaningful minutes. Remember Law went down early in the game with his Lis Franc injury.

With that said he is a damn good QB and there is no way any can say other wise. Look at his record, it says it all. Then see what the Steelers did last season without him and then with him healthy.

Top 3 is pushing it at this point, but he isn't far off.

Last edited:
You are a good and loyal fan Gatekeeper. Here's to a clean, hard fought game and you coming back and eating a little crow!

And may we add stupid to Patschick87's list of compliments:D :rolleyes:

You will only come back if the Steelers win. If they lose, you will slink off with your tail between your legs like so many before you have done. Yawn.

Only the idiots on this board don't regard him as a top QB in the game.
You may find this hard to believe, but there are many legimate opinions out there that do not coincide with your own, though I admit that calling people idiots because they don't think what you think does expose one idiot.

For me, a top QB is one who can carry a team, and that doesn't fit the definition of Rothliesberger. He is the perfect QB for the Steelers, a guy who can take a hit, who can manage a game and compliment the running game with high percentage passes.

The team can win when he is on, and usually win when he is off (Superbowl, for instance). He is a mobileTrent Dilfer. This isn't a knock; it is what the Steelers need for their game plan.

You are welcome to your opinion that he is a top QB, but those who think otherwise hold valid opinions, and are not idiots for thinking that Rothliesberger is not in the same class as Brady, Manning, Favre, Romo, Palmer, Brees, etc.

For me, a top QB is one who can carry a team, and that doesn't fit the definition of Rothliesberger. He is the perfect QB for the Steelers, a guy who can take a hit, who can manage a game and compliment the running game with high percentage passes.

The team can win when he is on, and usually win when he is off (Superbowl, for instance). He is a mobileTrent Dilfer. This isn't a knock; it is what the Steelers need for their game plan.

You are welcome to your opinion that he is a top QB, but those who think otherwise hold valid opinions, and are not idiots for thinking that Rothliesberger is not in the same class as Brady, Manning, Favre, Romo, Palmer, Brees, etc.

Call me crazy, but if I knew how old you were I'd say you said that once before <insert Terry Bradshaw here>.

No Ben hating here,I kinda like the big dummy. "Hello...People in TV land...get a fathead." What a doofus.

Pig Pen Rottenburger, meet BIG BAD Vince "The Hammer" Wilfork. Good luck.
You'll need it.

Not to get personal but whats the deal with the Steelers and mental midgets for QBs? I mean come on, Bradshaw, Slash, and now Worthlessberger? That team is so easy to dislike, they always had loud-mouthed idiots(bettis , portis, that guy who just guaranteed a win) whiny girls( Heidi Ward) and dummies(big ben, bradshaw,slash). Plus every week you have to hear Franken-Toupee(Hoge) tell you how great they are. Also their fans....nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes