Welcome to PatsFans.com

Biden promises anti gunners that executive order can be taken on guns

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Jan 9, 2013.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

Biden promises anti-gunners 'executive action can be taken' on guns - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Will this be the spark to the second American Revolution? This administration is taking a dump on our constitution.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,276 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

Re: Biden: Obama promises anti gunners that executive order can be taken on guns

I find this is worrisome. Not because I'm "pro-gun" in any respect, but for the simple reason that further gun controls aren't a solution to anything.

3. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 30 / -34

he's not too keen on executive order usage.....not suprising

4. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

Welcome to tyranny!

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Funny how the title of the article states, Biden PROMISES anti-gunners that executive orders can be taken," when, in fact, all he said was that they COULD be taken - without specifying what actions they believe they can enact that bypass Congress.

There's a world of difference between promising an action will take place and making the statement that an action could be possible.

Saying "I could marry you" and saying, "I promise I will marry you," are two different things.....ask any woman suing for breach of promise.

6. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

Re: Biden: Obama promises anti gunners that executive order can be taken on guns

Sure they are. They're not THE solution but pretending they can't be a part of any solution isn't correct.

7. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

Yeah, don't ask people to comprehend what people are actually saying. In the OP you have one nutso speculating this could spark a 2nd revolution, and another referring to it as "tyranny."

8. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Didn't you know that more laws solve all problems?

Just look at how raising the drinking age to 21 got rid of Drunk Driving....oh wait.

I am certainly not a pro gun person; outside of handguns or shotguns/hunting rifles, I don't really understand why the average citizen needs anything more (assault rifle etc.).

The answer (to me anyway) is working together to build a better society and culture (here in the US). Improving on our sense of community and togetherness.

To me this isn't evidence of a gun problem. It is evidence of a sad and broken society problem (for various reasons).

9. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

You realize how flawed this logic is, right?

10. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,276 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

What then, specifically? Banning semi-automatic assault rifles might be an acceptable move to most folks, but it won't stop people from continuing to kill each other with firearms.

Yup, yup and yup. Which is why I started the "Why People Kill" thread, which hasn't exactly enjoyed a positive reception.

11. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

The goal isn't to stop people from killing each other, it's to make such events occur less often.

Magazine/clip size restrictions, banning of certain assault weapons, more stringent regulations on gun purchases and, most importantly, gun resales, and the taxing of guns and ammo with the proceeds to fund more robust mental health diagnosis and treatment seem like common sense areas to start.

No doubt that culture plays a large role in gun violence in this country as well, but that's a bit removed from the topic of gun control specifically.

12. KDPPatsfan85

Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

Lets look at the logic...You really think 87 million Americans will peacefully give up their firearms? Thats like saying politicians will hold up to their oaths of office and follow the laws!

13. Drewski

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Not really (but if it is to you, feel free to ignore).

I see them both as laws/talks of laws, being applied to "social issues" to prohibit the occurrence of said undesirable outcome.

eg: Increased gun control (will) prohibit gun crimes from occurring (I don't think it will work).

Increased drinking age (will) prohibit DUIs (clearly hasnt occured).

14. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

So you say we should look at the logic ... and then proceed to outline something completely illogical. Makes sense.

What do you think the odds are Big Bad Obama is going to take away all our gunz?

15. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

Again, this is just lousy logic. Why have seatbelt laws if people still die in traffic accidents?

FWIW, I think the drinking is is a good example of a dumb, Puritanical law. If you can vote and serve in the military, you should be able to drink alcohol as far as I'm concerned.

16. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 30 / -34

I believe that he is incorrect........they could not make an executive order to ban something....the correct statement would be that executive orders could be attempted to be taken, but they would fail unless the house and senate go along with it.

not a biggie really.....biden has said more stupid crap before........but he would look good in a burger king crown

17. KDPPatsfan85

Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

A very high probability of Obama trying to take away our guns. Look at Sen. Feinsteins bill on banning guns. They want to confiscate guns. Obama said there will be resistance to gun confiscation. What Obama is doing is against our constitution and is not constitutional. An unconstitutional law is not a law!!

18. Drewski

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

You'd have to ask people who pushed for seatbelt laws...as I have said around these parts before, I think they are dumb. I think people should be able to choose to be dumb (ie not wear a seatbelt), however if you choose to not wear one, you lose all right to compensation in an accident.

As I said, feel free to ignore my logic if you find it lousy. I was just bringing up an example of a law which was made for a very specific reason, which to this reader, hasn't stopped the crime it was written to "stop".

Agreed.

19. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +455 / 64 / -35

#32 Jersey

Youre delusional if you think gun owners are going to go along with Obamas plans.

Naive too.

20. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 30 / -34

LOL......there's not going to be any executive order or presidential proclamation........unless it is for symbolic purposes