Welcome to PatsFans.com

Biden is strongest VP choice for either Clinton or Obama.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

He provides the experience and weight that balances the weaknesses of both candidates.
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He's not likeable enough I don't think. Experienced definitely, but he comes off as pompous. Bill Richardson has even more experience and seems much more likeable, but that's just my opinion.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

I agree about Biden. It's got to be someone from the south or heartland to steal votes.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What better to follow the most pompous administration in U.S. history then? Especially considering the way con men have chirped and chuckled for years regarding how weak and spineless they all believe the Democrats always are. I mean, which is it? Should the compassionate party toughen up, or lay down again? Joe Biden is firey and articulate. While I don't agree with all his policies, he's no doubt an unwavering, dead-on, fantastic debater. And an ass kicker.

I would love to see Joe Biden go up against ANYONE the Corporate Party trots out there in the televised vice presidential debates. I would give a week's pay to see him take on the current Vice president, face to face, for the whole world to witness. It would be a veritable slaughter, with Palpatine seething, sneering and lost for words, throughout.

"A noun, a verb and 9/11" indeed.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  5. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Biden might be too strong a VP candidate, as Biden has the potential to overshadow the P. Also, Biden comes across as a wise guy.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I didn't mean he'd be a bad choice because of his policies or anything, I was just pointing out that people have a negative reaction to him. I've got no problem with someone being fiery and standing up for their opinions, just saying that he's a bad choice for VP because he won't bring many votes in, and may take some away because people view him unfavorably, especially if Hillary gets the nod. She absolutely needs someone likeable to balance out negative opinion of her.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Biden will not be the VP. I've heard he wants to be Sec. of State.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

Now, Lifer, seriously, given your name don't you think you should mention that Biden is that he's the only Democratic leader who supported the ban on partial birth abortions? There are certainly many other reasons to like him, but to me he sounds like a football coach the way he talks. He's smart, but kind of in your face I think.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

precisely what this sheepified, remote controlled country needs, no?

i still don't see the problem... about all people have pointed to is that the man is bombastic... wow... what else?
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

PC you miss the point. Why would anyone pick a VP that people don't like? He comes of as a smarmy know it all. He may be the smartest, most experienced guy out there, but nobody will VOTE for him!
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 5 / -2

Yeah, he'd do so well cuz he'd done so well in the Dem primary. :rolleyes: How about sticking to the thread topic instead of always making threads into a Bush Administration rant. Too many people in here turn every thread into Bush, or Iraq.

As for Biden, he's the type of VP candidate each of the two dem possibles would be looking to hire. Obama and Hillary will be looking for a white male for certain, and then will try to find a combination of charactoristics like foreign policy, military, & executive experience, with maybe a sprinkle of geographics and faith mixed in (although that would only be icing). I think someone like Biden would be considered, but in the end, not chosen. There are lots of choices that would be safer, and possibly better. Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, & Jimm Webb come to mind.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

you're right. But I just don't like him. When he talks he reminds of Bill Parcells. Ooops, no offense!
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's ridiculous the more you think about it. The most qualified person can't be VP because he "doesn't sound good" or he's from the wrong state (Delaware, BTW). What an idiotic process. THat's how Johnson got in and look what he ended up doing. Will we ever learn?