Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bi Partisan Rat

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

So much for this double crossing bastard, he's just another Joe Lieberman trying to go down the middle of the road thinking everybody is going to love him, Uncle Teddy was a lousy human being but he had the balls to stand behind what he was, A Left Wing Liberal Democrat, for that I admire the old drunk.

Don't Vote For This Scott Brown Phony Coward, Obama just trashed The Constitution and Brown went along with it.

:mad:

Scott Brown’s vote shocks GOP comrades - BostonHerald.com
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

63% of the American People support this agency, but the extreme right does not like it.. for some reason, maybe it is as simple as their banking buddies might have to play by some rules and have some oversight.

Pretty confident that those in Mass, support it more than the 63%.. so is he supposed to lick the boots of the Tea Party/Extreme Right or do what is best for the voters of Massachusetts????..

This is one of those overwhelming support by the American People things that the Republicans oppose..

Read more:

http://www.responsiblelending.org/m...tion/regulators/CRL-Poll-Results-Brief-v3.pdf
  3. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I think in theory this would be a good thing to have. But, reality will probably show that it is just another official that the lobbyist can bride to get things their way.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Lobbyists are the exclusive red meat of the Legislative Branch not the Executive Branch.. he cannot receive any outside/influence money for this position.

If he did it would be an ethics violation.. Obama did an executive order banning such..

Executive Order 13490 -- Ethics Commitments By Executive Branch Personnel | The White House

5. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

If that is the case then there is no reason not to create the position. Of course it is hard to imagine anything in politics that is not corruptible in some way. I guess sometimes you just have to hope it turns out for the best. Of course it does not stop them from being assured cushy jobs and perks after they serve...

Now, if Obama could come up with a way to make lobbying illegal across the board then he might have be known as the best President we have ever had ;)
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Darryl, I think most people would agree when clicking on your link that the "highlights" (bold on page 1) of the bill are good for the consumer. Clearer verbiage on loans, cutting down on risky investment product offerings, and banning the incentives to MTG brokers to get a person into a loan they cant afford. The common sense approach says it probably should have been that way all along.

However Dodd-Frank is going to have some pretty serious unintended consequences to the consumers because that bill cut a huge amount of revenue out of bank's bottom lines. I work for a regional bank (am not a company rah-rah guy, they simply give me a paycheck) but every person in the product teams at this bank have basically been tasked with ways the bank can make back the revenue they lost (specifically on the debit card transaction at POS paid by the merchant) with this bill. I have heard estimates that between 8 and 16 billion dollars in revenue will be lost this year by the financial industry as a result of this bill.

I'm not mentioning this in a "oh i feel so bad for these companies" kind of way. I'm mentioning in the sense that companies just don't accept a 8-16 B$ drop in revenue, they are in business to make money and will find new ways to make it; with the cost being paid by us the consumer.