Welcome to PatsFans.com

Beware an Attack on Iran

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Is the Bush administration ramping up for an attack on Iran? The signs seem to point in that direction. On March 11, Navy Adm. William Fallon, commander of the U.S. forces in the Middle East, retired early because of differences with Washington on Iran policy. And now, Dick Cheney's current Middle East tour may be designed to prepare our Arab allies for an imminent "preemptive" war against Iran.

Bush and Cheney have long been rattling the sabers in Iran's direction. The disaster they created in Iraq isn't going well, no matter how they spin it. They may feel that engaging the United States militarily in Iran would make it harder to elect anyone other than the seasoned military man, John McCain. The Republican presidential candidate just happens to be touring Iraq with Sen. Joe Lieberman, one of the strongest advocates of a U.S. military strike on Iran. Lieberman is likely on McCain's short list for a vice-presidential running mate.

Admiral Fallon took early retirement after making comments that contradicted the Bush administration's aggressive stance on Iran. Fallon told the Arab television station Al Jazeera last fall that a "constant drumbeat of conflict" from the administration against Iran was "not helpful and not useful." After Fallon announced his retirement, the New York Times reported a senior administration official as saying Fallon's comments about U.S. Iran policy "left the perception he had a different foreign policy than the president." If Fallon wants to talk to Iran rather than attack it, then his policy differs from Bush's...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=COH20080317&articleId=8371
  2. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

3. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

i think we need to take over Cuba first and then destroy South America. The middle east has been played, it is time to do something different.
  4. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I don't know how he thinks we can pull off a three headed war. The military (or the Air Force, at least) is stretched pretty freaking thin as it is, AND we have more cuts in the process of happening.

If anyone wanted to actually attack America (as in send in ground troops and start bombing cities), now would be the time. Which is a scary damn thought.
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This was mentioned a week or so ago here.

Seems to me that you can't look at someone resigning a year later as proof of anything.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

wait a second...

I thought the Iraq invasion made us safer? I've been watching a lot of FOX News lately and they tell me that we ar efighting them over ther so that we DON'T have to fight them here.

how can our military be stretched too thin when we ar etaking the fight to them?

on the serious tip?

I know these cowards who occupy the presidents brain WANT to attack Iran, but man....BlackGlass....you are RIGHT...

I think they wanna do it, I'm just trying to figure out WHO is gunna do it.

my bet?

There will be a 'terrorist attack'....either here, or ...in Israel. This will be a false flag attack. The media will spin it, thus justifying a tactical nuclear strike on strategic targets in Iran. The same shortsighted morons who brought you the IRaq invasion/money pit have dreamed up this one too.

Interesting.....if you know what the definition of "Insanity" is....
  7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There are plenty of talks about another draft... so, don't bet against it.
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And that's all it is. When the republicans tried to bring it to the floor for vote, the democrats bailed. So much for big talk.
  9. Afterlifemobile-86

Afterlifemobile-86 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The sign of an empire falling has been repeated throughout history. A horrible economy along with the military being stretched too thin. If there were to be another draft i am prepared to go to prison.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

That is a tough decision, Canada was a better choice.. faced with the same dilemna in 1968, went through all of the physical stuff.. was not called.. in 1969 got a high draft number, never know how it would have played out...