PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Betting the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClosingTime said:
Not like those mighty Dolphins who won six straight games against the 5 worst teams in the league and squeaked out a win (more like it was handed to thenm) against the Pats JV squad.

Hmmm, one of those "5 worst teams in the league" you mention, blew out the Patriots 'non-JV' squad 41-17 last year.

To me its all about winning the division. If you win the division you are in the playoffs and dont have to worry at all about wild card. So i will be rooting for the steelers tonight.

ClosingTime said:
Just making a distinction between teams that have established themselves in prior years as being solid teams and those that have somehow risen to contender status by pundits (Miami, Arizona). I love that everyone is picking gainst the Steelers, a team that if their QB remained healthy all last year finishes 13-3 at worst and the year before went 15-1. Yup, a real flash in the pan. Not like those mighty Dolphins who won six straight games against the 5 worst teams in the league and squeaked out a win (more like it was handed to thenm) against the Pats JV squad.
Does no one see the eerily similar situations of the 2005 Bills and the 2006 Dolphins? The Bill's went 8-2 to close out the 2004 season and everyone was lauding them as contenders. But none of those 8 wins came against teams above .500 and one of the two losses came against the Steelers backups.
Coming into 2005 season the Bills were said to have a stifling defense, promising running game and a new gunsligner at the helm. The only weak spot was their OL.
Sound familiar?
Now there are certainly some key differences, namely a veteran QB albeit one that turns balls over more than Andy ****, but you guys gotta stop reading your own predictions. It's an awful shame to fall so far when you have't even begun the ascent.

Thank you for getting the point. The loser tonight will be knocked down to pretender status by the media. I don't know why this took so long. You act as though I'm personally saying the Steelers are no good, which I'm not.

As for the Bills, your comparison goes only so far as strength of competition during their final winning streak, which admittedly was weak. However, you can only play who you're scheduled to play. Big distinctions between the Bills of 2004 and the Dolphins are obvious. Even if you're not a fan of Culpepper, he was an upgrade. The Bills swapped Bledsoe for Losman/Holcomb. The Bills also got run on at will because they let Pat Williams go, and then TKO was injured. As for the O-lines, you can't even compare the Bills o-line from last year to Miami's which did a pretty decent job compared to 2004.

Enough of the bickering, I wish your team good health tonight and can't wait for the hits to start.

smacadie said:
Charlie Batch to Cedrick WIlson?

What? Willie Parker running the whole game, with a mix of Vernon Hayes. Please watch the game, they will have maybe 150 total yards.

Yes they didn't even have 150 yards. Only 147 yard ...rushing. 339 total. But you certainly showed that everyone else is dumb.

smacadie said:
Listen anyone who picks the Steelers to win tonight is dumb. They are an average to poor offense with a great D. The Dolphins have a good offense with a good defense, the only problem with the dolphins is there o line is crappy.

Final Score

Dolphins 20
Steelers 13

Am I dumb?

I took the Steelers -1.5 and the Over on 34. I was sweating out the over but not so much the cover.

Yes, Apparently you are dumb. Now go drag your ignorant azz to the bank before you lose that money in the sofabed in your mobile home.

ClosingTime said:
Yes, Apparently you are dumb. Now go drag your ignorant azz to the bank before you lose that money in the sofabed in your mobile home.

Mobile home ha you give me to much credit. Maybe after a few more dumb picks this weekend I can afford to buy a mobile home and move out of my van down by the river! Good Golly I hope I win! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back