PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Betting on the Patriots isn’t the Lock of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
While the Patriots are 14-0 on the field, they are 10-4 with gamblers. New England has failed to cover the spread in four of their last six games.
The New York Times reported oddsmakers have had to put up points — a lot of them — to slow down Tom Brady, Randy Moss and the universe of gamblers who have made perhaps tens of millions of dollars betting on the Patriots to cover the spread. This Sunday, New England is a 21 ½-point favorite to defeat visiting Miami (1-13), which won its first game last week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/sports/football/19line.html?ref=football

Re: Betting on the Patriots Isn’t the Lock of the Year

While the Patriots are 14-0 on the field, they are 10-4 with gamblers. New England has failed to cover the spread in four of their last six games.
The New York Times reported oddsmakers have had to put up points — a lot of them — to slow down Tom Brady, Randy Moss and the universe of gamblers who have made perhaps tens of millions of dollars betting on the Patriots to cover the spread. This Sunday, New England is a 21 ½-point favorite to defeat visiting Miami (1-13), which won its first game last week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/sports/football/19line.html?ref=football

The times the Pats didn't cover were the times I didn't play them, so it really didn't effect me. I'm going back to the Pats this week. They will cover. Miami won last week, against a real pathetic Ravens team, who got even worse after the loss to the Ptas. So Miami's win last week really means nothing. Pats cover with ease this week. Put the house on it.

Re: Betting on the Patriots isn’t the Lock of the Year

Too bad I started betting on the Pats during the Philly game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back