PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Better team, 2009 Patriots or 2009 Jets?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense wins Championships, we of all people should know this, yet regardless of the BS stats about our D, we all know it sucked bad donkeyballz and we are out of the playoffs to show for it, yet the Mutts are still going with a QB that is just 1 step above ******.

Until the Pats get some defense they are going NOWHERE.

This poll is getting closer than Brown/Coakley....

It kills me to write it, but after tonight it is the Jets. The Pats got the division, which is an accomplishment, but the Jets are one win from the Super Bowl. Bottom line, they are in the AFC title game, and we have to re-tool.

The Jet's have a hard hitting fast defense ... with a great shut down corner.

They are better

... but they still suck ... they will always suck.

That should be post of the week. I'm a Jets fan and this made me laugh out loud becuase it's exactly how I hope I'd respond if the situations were reversed.

Jets cut the lead to three.

Typical from the Pats this season. Build a big lead, only to blow it. :(

That should be post of the week. I'm a Jets fan and this made me laugh out loud becuase it's exactly how I hope I'd respond if the situations were reversed.

WHY are you here?

The Jets are one win away from the superbowl and the pats are playing golf.....end of story. I'm going to go throw up now!

the jets are one game away from the SB

forget the jets ill take the way the browns where playing at the end of the year over the pats

Come on people..the Jets shouldnt even be in the playoffs.

The question should be...

who is worse? The 2009 jets or the NFL playoff system?

Totally agreed. The defense job they did was remarkable. Say whatever you want about sexy rexy, he can coach defense much better than anyone in Pats organization.

Colts tossed a lifesaver and let the jets backdoor into playoff. It would only be fitting the jets return the favor by knocking out the arrogant colts.

Defense wins Championships, we of all people should know this, yet regardless of the BS stats about our D, we all know it sucked bad donkeyballz and we are out of the playoffs to show for it, yet the Mutts are still going with a QB that is just 1 step above ******.

Until the Pats get some defense they are going NOWHERE.

Had we won ithe 2008 SB, would it have been because "defense win championhsips" As I recall, it was a miracle offensive play that made the difference.

Totally agreed. The defense job they did was remarkable. Say whatever you want about sexy rexy, he can coach defense much better than anyone in Pats organization.

Colts tossed a lifesaver and let the jets backdoor into playoff. It would only be fitting the jets return the favor by knocking out the arrogant colts.

Any more votes?

Nope, still sticking with the Pats.

Jets leading 17-6.

Then their "great" defense allows 24 unanswered points. What a sad, pathetic choke.

Result of 2009 Patriots season
2009 AFC East Division Title

Result of 2009 Jets season
No title (Division, Conference or League)
Lower draft pick
Final Four restrictions in free agency in event of uncapped year.

Manning and Colts do this to everybody. It's not Jets choke;the colts offense was tooooo good for any defense. Jets was the #1 D and they came to play.

Not sure what's Manning's secret sauce. But he always makes the right adjustment and came out pummeling people. I wish we had a OC and QB as smart.

Nope, still sticking with the Pats.

Jets leading 17-6.

Then their "great" defense allows 24 unanswered points. What a sad, pathetic choke.

Result of 2009 Patriots season
2009 AFC East Division Title

Result of 2009 Jets season
No title (Division, Conference or League)
Lower draft pick
Final Four restrictions in free agency in event of uncapped year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back