PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Better team, 2009 Patriots or 2009 Jets?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Better team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets. Common record is 1-1 and they have progressed further into the playoffs than the Patriots. It's a no-brainer and it's annoying to acknowledge it.

Pats, but it's 2010 that worries me. The Jets could very well be better next year. We pretty much have to hope for Mark Sanchez to continue being useless.

ImgDyn.cfm

[size=+3]'Nuff said[/size]

If the Jets win the AFCC I'll conceded.

Are you seriously implying that the undefeated Colts would have lost to the Jets had Peyton Manning and half of the starters (with a 15-10 home lead) not been pulled in the 3rd quarter?

Are you then also saying the Bengals, who RESTED their best offensive player and multiple starters in week 17 gave the Jets a legitimate football game?

There is absolutley no excuse for believing that, none. The Jets were 7-7 this regular season in legitimate football games where the other team wanted to win.
Last time I checked, the games still counted whether they were "given away" or not. The Colts were winning by a whole five points when they pulled their starters. They very well could have lost that game.

As for the Bengals supposedly giving their game away, I seem to remember Cincy playing all of their starters all the way through the first half. They were completely dominated, just like they were on Saturday. Or does that not count either?

They were 7-7, you're right. That happened to be enough to get them in the playoffs. They won the games they played. You won't whine about it in the future if the Patriots sneak into the playoffs, so quit whining about it now.

Top to bottom their roster is head and shoulders above the patriots right now.
Head and shoulders above?? PLEASE!!!!!!!! Two gimme wins..and all of a sudden they are better...lol... LOL....little head..FOR SURE!!!...

The Colts were winning by a whole five points when they pulled their starters. They very well could have lost that game.

That is just delusional, the Jets had absolutely no shot in hell of winning that game had the Colts actually went full out.

It's no coincidence that literally the first offensive play without Manning resulted in the Jets taking the lead.

I seem to remember Cincy playing all of their starters all the way through the first half.

I seem to remember the Bengals not even playing Cedric Benson, you know their most important offensive player and the guy who went on to dominate the Jets the following week with 169 yards.

Hell, they rested six starters that night.

The Bengals were not trying to win that game, you don't rest your best player in a game you're trying to win, the entire game-plan was a joke and the players even admitted to being told to not show anything that week.

That is just delusional, the Jets had absolutely no shot in hell of winning that game had the Colts actually went full out.

It's no coincidence that literally the first offensive play without Manning resulted in the Jets taking the lead.
Bulldust. Starters versus starters the Jets were only 5 points down to that point. You can't make any claim based on what would have potentially happened because it didn't. Manning would have been just as likely to lead his team to a win as he would have been to have a season ending injury.

The Jets beat both teams on merit whatever the situation. They deserve to be where they are as they won the games they had to, then went to Cinci and won there.

id say we are better but only because we have brady and they have sanchez. i think they probably have the better "other 52"

The Jets are in the second round. You are what you're recod says you are. Both teams have a 10-7 record. Won't matter much after Sunday - SD will win by 24 or more points.

Yeah, who's better?

As much as I dislike the Jets and their big mouth coach. Based on the ways they are performing in the playoffs, I admire what Rex Ryan has managed to do with their defense. For me there is no doubt that the Jets are a better team by far.

Easily the Jets....theyre in the AFCC o_O

The Jets it to the Conference title game and the Pats were eliminated in the wild card round. Gotta say the Jets at this point.

The Jets it to the Conference title game and the Pats were eliminated in the wild card round. Gotta say the Jets at this point.

yep

you can't even argue about it

And even after the Jets secure a trip to the AFCCG the Patriots according to Pats fans are the better team.

Not many homers here :rolleyes:

And even after the Jets secure a trip to the AFCCG the Patriots according to Pats fans are the better team.

Not many homers here :rolleyes:

We have to be better we won the division. We have the hats and t-shirts to prove it. ;)

Actually, it does seem that the Jets are getting more votes since I bumped it up.

Today's results prove that there is no God.
Farvrrrrrrrr and Fat Rex win back to back
Just awful
Simply awful

Well slap me silly and call me Susie

The Jet's have a hard hitting fast defense ... with a great shut down corner.

They are better

... but they still suck ... they will always suck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey