Better NFC Matchup For the Patriots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welkerstache

Banned
Reaction score
Wondering which NFC team you think is the better potential SB matchup for the Patriots.

On one hand, I think a rematch against the 49ers could favor the Patriots, since the Pats were dominated for 3 quarters in the first game and there's no way BB and the team let that happen again, especially with more film on CK.

On the other hand, the fast physical 49ers with CK at QB still scare the crap out of me. :(

Last edited:
Kapernick scares me with his ability to Run/pass...."matty ice" threw 2 interceptions today..I would rather face atlanta

Falcons, with out any shadow of doubt.

falcons barley beat the seahawks in there own house. 49ers defense is better and so is the offence. I dont see the falcons winning this one. Fact is they wouldnt even have won our division if SP was coaching.

You're mad cray if you'd rather pats play the 49ers. Don't trust Matt Ryan in the playoffs.

I'll take the 49ers.

Because Brady beating the 49ers to tie Joe Montana would be epic.

Oh, Falcons for sure.

Don't tell me you wanna face the 49ers with the way they're playing.

I'll take the 49ers.

Because Brady beating the 49ers to tie Joe Montana would be epic.

Just the thought of Brady beating the 49ers sends chills up my spine! But Atlanta is real tricky to me. I wonder how they'll respond after finally winning a playoff game. I don't think Kapernick is going to have the same type of he had against GB next week. I'm on the fence with this game. I know almost everybody is picking SF to beat Atlanta. The Falcons should definitely have a chip on their shoulders.

I think Belichick would take Mike Smith to the woodshed. Checkers don't work against the Patriots, and that's what I'd expect the Falcons to play.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter how smart the Patriots are on offense or how many wrinkles they have against the Niners. When nearly every player in the Niners defense is a matchup advantage against their opponent on th Pats offense, the only way I'd see the Pats winning is by unconventional means (special teams, turnovers, etc.)

falcons have no chance vs 49ers. They will be manhandled next week. From a pats perspective if they beat balt 49ers have the things like the giants which can cause us problems and with gronk out now its even huge. Hoping for a pats win and a falcons upset.

Assuming we get passed the Ravens, considering how banged up the Pats are I would prefer they play a softer Falcons team. The niners are tough and physical and definitely would be a tougher matchup.

The best teams usually advance so I wouldn't get my hopes up for the Falcons to win. They have moments when they look soft and beatable. Kaepernick is red hot right now and he is a dangerous dual threat.

We'll probably see a Patriots-49ers Superbowl. If that happens, it will be a heavily contested game. I think the Pats additional dimension to offense of the run is crucial to their playoff run ending in success. Also I love the emergence of Vereen at just the right time. We need someone to step up big now that Gronk is officially out.

Oh, Falcons for sure.

Don't tell me you wanna face the 49ers with the way they're playing.

Last 3 decent offenses the 49ers have played they allowed:

NE: 34 (after 4 turnovers)
Sea: 42
GB: 31

That defense is not exactly playing lights out. Allowing 30ppg over their last 4 games which includes the three games above and a game against Arizona where they held them to 13 points bringing the average down.

It will be interesting to watch the NFC game. How will Kaep respond on the road in the playoffs? Can Ryan win with a chance to go to the big dance? Can the 49ers defense stop the Falcons? Can the Falcons contain Kaep in the pocket after struggling to contain Wilson today?

It probably won't be easy either way, but I would go with the Falcons, slightly.

80% of me says falcons....

the other 20% is the chance that kaepernick coughs up a hairball which he is certainly capable of doing

I am worrying about getting by the Ravens,I don't give a damn if its the 1989 49ers or the 1992 Dallas Cowboys.....just let us get there.

I'd say SF because Kapepernick adds that extra dimension that you have to guard against. The Falcons to me are the Ravens with a less intimidating running back and without the big names on defense. The both have tall receivers that the QB lobs up passes to all game.

Doesn't matter, the 9ers are going to Hulk-smash the falcons Sunday.

I am worrying about getting by the Ravens,I don't give a damn if its the 1989 49ers or the 1992 Dallas Cowboys.....just let us get there.

Precisely. The AFCCG is going to be a handful. I am not looking ahead, I actually don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back