Welcome to PatsFans.com

Better living through Chemistry.. the legacy of Agent Orange

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 9, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Dow and Monsanto, were the architects and manufactured most of it. The effects of Agent Orange, a defoliant used in the Viet Nam whatever it was called, is still having lingering effects on that country, our soldiers and most of all many women and children who had absolutely nothing to do with this conflict... it did little to stop the conflict...

Always remember Elmo Zumwalt, who was chief of ops in Viet Nam, ordered its use... his son who served in Viet Nam, got cancer, which may have been caused by Agent Orange.. his grandson has learning difficulties...

But the biggest effect is on the women and children, usually is, Agent Orange a Dioxin, was some pretty nasty stuff...

The Chicago Tribune has an interesting series...

Agent Orange - chicagotribune.com
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Darryl,
    In my family we had a young man my daughter in laws brother, he was very bright, full of fun and a very kind and gentle teenager he was just the right age for Viet Nam, he went into the Army then in Viet Nam he was exposed to that Evil Sh!t “agent orange” he also lost his left foot, I also believe he was getting some kind of treatment from the VA for “agent orange” but am not sure how it worked, anyway he was a changed person, he married and had two children then at some point he became involved with drugs, he was very smart business wise, he bought and sold houses and also invested his money wisely for a while he had a great life but he turned into a very heavy drug user at our weddings and other family gatherings he would always be slipping off to do his thing with the “coke” or anything else he was doing at the time, the guy was a riot he could just walk into a room and people would start laughing he seemed to be the happiest well adjusted person in the world, on a Sunday afternoon his wife couldn’t find him his car was in the yard she went over to her neighbors, she called other neighbors, she called one of his sisters who lived in the same town he was nowhere that she could think of so the only other thing she could think of was that one of his friends picked him up and he started partying somewhere, at 9 PM that night she found him hanging in the cellar.
    Today when the family speaks of him it’s always the Drugs that are mentioned I tell any of them that will listen It Was That God Damned War And AGENT ORANGE that killed him, Agent Orange Comes From Hell, I really believe that sh!t got into his brain
  3. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My grandfather worked for dow in the late fifties! He worked at the rocky flats site here in Colorado when nuclear triggers were being assembled. He died in 1963 2 years after I was born from what my grandma said was multiple types of cancers. He was 43. My aunt retired from rocky flats many years ago she now has brain cancer! **** Dow chemical! I know this has nothing to do with agent orange, sorry.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

It has everything to do with Dow Chemical, remember as a kid going to visit my Mother's family in Springfield, Mass.. just before we got to the Monsanto Plant we had to roll up our windows.. it stunk chemically to high heaven.

If you read the Tribune articles, the impact of this on the women and children of Viet Nam, only reinforces my anti war views...the masters of war make these decisions, but the women and children suffer most.

Never run into anyone personally who was effected, but have had a couple of discussions with Vets in bars about its effects...
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

This was a disgrace, beyond the US Soldiers harmed the Vietnamese were hurt far worse. They had to live with the stuff in their enviroment after we left.