PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Better Jet insult

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodeislandpatsfan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Wouldn't be great if the Patriot air assault was held back for this game and we ran down their throats all day. Tell Maroney his SB ring depends on it.
It would be great but screw it torch 'em for 60

No. I want the passing and receing records for Brady and Moss.

No. I want the passing and receing records for Brady and Moss.

Me too, I want Rice's record for Moss and Peyton's record for Brady.

have matt cassel 500 yds passing... washington w/ 200yds receiving...

Do you guys think you can win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel, if Brady were to get injured for whatever reason these next three weeks?

Ah, the old edit the previous post trick? How clever.

I just want to know, is your O-line that good? or does Brady's release and pocket awareness (best I've ever seen from a QB) make the O-Line look that much better? Every time that a team blitzes they never get through, or even collapse the pocket, Brady always has a lane to step and throw it seems.

Honestly, i think it's a combination of the two. There are times when the O-line gives him all the time in the world and other times he makes the time. Somtimes it doesnt work out too well, but most times it does. There are games that I go back and watch, and I am amazed at the time Brady has to get rid of the ball.

I want it to have been a GREAT decision for Moss to come here. I want it to be an OBVIOUS difference-maker in whether or not he gets into Canton. I want FAs around the league to see that. I want Moss to sign for affordable money.

And by the way, I grew up in LA in the 1960s and the first part of the 1970s, and I've always had my nose a bit out of joint that the Niners got so good later.

Yeah, I'd like to see Moss break Rice's record. :)

Do you guys think you can win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel, if Brady were to get injured for whatever reason these next three weeks?
no. but i also dont think dallas, indy, Pitt, JAX, or gb could win the super bowl without their #1 QB either (can you even name one of their backup QB's?)

i DO think our OL is that good, but i dont see any of the top 10 teams winning without their #1 QB, and i dont see any of the bottom 22 teams winning WITH their #1 QB... do you?

Last edited:
no. but i also dont think dallas, indy, Pitt, JAX, or gb could win the super bowl without their #1 QB either (can you even name one of their backup QB's?)

i DO think our OL is that good, but i dont see any of the top 10 teams winning without their #1 QB, and i dont see any of the bottom 22 teams winning WITH their #1 QB... do you?

Pats are much better than all those teams you listed. With Cassel, I'm sure they'd change their gameplan up a bit, but the Pats would still have more talent than anyone in the league. The Pats defense this year has somewhat underachieved IMO. I don't have the stats to back any of this up, but in some of the games (Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys) teams were marching up and down the field on them, and they've been very bad in the red zone where they usually are one of the best in the league historically. Now they'd have home field advantage with Cassel, and expecting anyone to go into Gillette in January and to win is asking a whole lot. Pats would beat the Jags and Steelers without a problem with Cassell, Jags offense has no downfield threat, and their defense is weaker than years past, Stroud is out for the year. The Steelers aren't that good, they almost lost to the Jets and Miami in consecutive weeks, their O-Line made the Jets look like Mean Joe Greene and co.

The only threats to the Pats IMO are the Cowboys and Colts, the Colts because of Peyton (even though he really hasn't played well in the playoffs, defense carried them last year) and the fact that their defense can actually rush four and get some pressure. Also their LB's are fast which helps cover Watson, Welker, et al. The Cowboys pose a threat because they have a solid WR corps and have a physical O-Line, like the Ravens they will run the ball and try to limit the Pats' possessions.

In short, even if the Pats were to lose Brady, they still would win the SB, but it wouldn't be the lock if Brady was there.

In short, even if the Pats were to lose Brady, they still would win the SB, but it wouldn't be the lock if Brady was there.

I disagree with this for a few reasons.

First, you have to consider the chemistry built between Brady, his linemen and his receivers. That doesn't happen overnight and requires a lot of respect for the QB as a leader.

Second, Moss as a weapon is dangerous in large part because he comes up with catches that require a great deal of trust on the part of the QB that you can throw to him in double coverage or situations that common sense would dictate were obvious picks. And those situations still require great accuracy and timing on the throw.

Third, without a strong running game, the QB needs to be a master of the West Coast offense M.O., meaning extremely fast decision making in picking an open receiver and making a VERY fast release on the ball in very close proximity to the hands of defenders. We're talking elite level of focus, calm, defensive reads, timing, accuracy and field intelligence.

Fourth, playoff pressure. Brady has been to the Super Bowl and won it 3 times. Matt Cassel has not. I wouldn't put too much faith in a backup QB being able to handle that after entering the season this late, especially when in his first regular season debut this year he threw a pick. This isn't to knock Matt Cassel's long-term potential, but we're not talking potential. We're talking late-season injury.

We've seen Brady carry teams with mediocre receiver corps', decent to strong running games and bend but don't break defenses to the Super Bowl three times and win it. The team never gives up because they have a lot of faith in Tom and because he calms the entire team with his confidence, and is the master of the 2 minute drill and come from behind victory.

Remove that level of talent, leadership, experience and the intangibles of his well-earned mystique, and you are looking at a very different team. And not one I would give a shot at beating Dallas in the Super Bowl, let alone the Colts in the playoffs. I would say the Colts, including injuries, have a better shot at beating Dallas than the Pats without Brady.

Last edited:
Also, wanted to say hi to everyone. Just registered, but have been lurking for a few weeks now.

I've been trying to find a forum that had intelligent discussion about the Patriots for a while now and finally stumbled onto this site. Its relatively high signal to noise ratio is impressive.

So hello and hope I can contribute something positive to this board. :)

Also, wanted to say hi to everyone. Just registered, but have been lurking for a few weeks now.

I've been trying to find a forum that had intelligent discussion about the Patriots for a while now and finally stumbled onto this site. Its relatively high signal to noise ratio is impressive.

You already have.

Welcome aboard, Daedalus!

Remove that level of talent, leadership, experience and the intangibles of his well-earned mystique, and you are looking at a very different team. And not one I would give a shot at beating Dallas in the Super Bowl, let alone the Colts in the playoffs. I would say the Colts, including injuries, have a better shot at beating Dallas than the Pats without Brady.

Great points, well done. Brady's preternatural calm, confident and most importantly capable leadership makes him unique. No Brady, no AFC Championship.

When you do find one , please let me know.

Now as far as the game is concerned, I don't care if we win it on theground , though the air, or on the sea. Just as long as we win and tie up the home fireld through out the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes