Welcome to PatsFans.com

Better Champion:New England Patriots or USC Trojans ??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scott99, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +138 / 69 / -58

#87 Jersey

I think it's amazing that the Pats and Trojans have won back to back championships, and both will be remembered as great champions for years to come. I think the Pats have built a very talented TEAM, and have done incredible things, but I think Talent wise, the Trojans are just stocked (compared to the rest of college football). They have had 3 Heisman winners in the last 4 years.

The Pats seem to win games despite usually not having the superstars, but winning as a TEAM. They have arguably the NFL's best QB, who turns it up a notch in December & January (and February), and a receiver, Deoin Branch, who does the same thing when the playoffs start. Also, although Corey Dillon doesn't look like the Dillon of last year, he showed himself to be a playoff warrior last year. The defense, when healthy, plays smashmouth football, though Richard Seymour & Tedy Bruschi are probably the only defenders most non-Pats fans can name.

The Trojans have what some people are calling a left handed Tom Brady in Matt Linert. Reggie Bush adds a dynamic to their offense that the Pats don't have (though I wish we could draft Bush in April), and the Trojans have some excellent receivers in Jarret and Smith. Though I don't know much about their defense, I don't think they are a great defense, though I like Darnell Bing at safety.

Overall I think New England is the better Champion, with the salary cap to deal with, and a very tough Conference to play against (Colts, Steelers, Broncos, Bengals, Chiefs, and Chargers to name a few). Though the Trojans go through losing players to graduation, what great high school senior wouldn't want to go to USC at this point and time. They can recruit the best of the best. Comments ??
  2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

College.

Football.

Does.

Not.

Compare.

To.

The NFL.

By.

Any.

Galatic.

Measures.

Period.

In short, I really don't like college football.

Especially the scores that are hard to distinguish from NCAA Basketball (me like...actually some real football, instead of the NBA crap).

Dude, the USC Trojans beat the Inner-Chicago Community College 73-3, dude!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Texas Longhorns.
  4. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Strong at the end, no doubt!
  5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

i hope the same fate doesnt befall the pats!
  6. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

GREAT WIN TEXAS!!
  7. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Thats just the thing - it is all set up now for our threepeat and greatest of all tme status, we do not even have to share any part of the stage with Pete the poodle.

THREEPEAT baby....
  8. Pats_Bryan

Pats_Bryan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Abbreviating your quote a little, but just wanted to voice my agreement. College football can be downright annoying. I'll make an exception for last night's game. I thought USC was an overy-hyped, over-rated team, and I was hoping they would be taken down a notch. Yes, I watched, and yes, I enjoyed.
  9. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ugh, I turned off the game when it seemed USC was pulling away and now I am very, very displeased. I bet this was a thrilling game. Darn sleep.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.