PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bet the Pats-Bears Game Gets Moved to Sunday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Right now, no-brainer, the Pats-Bears game Sunday Nov. 26 gets moved to that night because of the NFL's new flex scheduling. Possible Super Bowl preview, etc.

QB12

Your kidding me. You mean no one wants to watch Green Bay and Seattle?

scout said:
Your kidding me. You mean no one wants to watch Green Bay and Seattle?
It's funny that you mention Green Bay, because with Madden on the Sunday night crew, I wouldn't be surprised if an inordinate amount of Packer games get "flexed" to Sunday night so that madden can splooge over Favre.

WTF, just noticed that's Green Bay's second appearance on MNF! Must be because they were so good last year. And they wonder why some games suck on MNF, go figure.

QB12 said:
Right now, no-brainer, the Pats-Bears game Sunday Nov. 26 gets moved to that night because of the NFL's new flex scheduling. Possible Super Bowl preview, etc.

QB12
That's going to turn a cold day into a very cold night at the Razor. I don't tailgate when it's under 50.

Yes, I am a big ****.

Possible Super Bowl preview? How about definite Super Bowl Preview!

scout said:
WTF, just noticed that's Green Bay's second appearance on MNF! Must be because they were so good last year. And they wonder why some games suck on MNF, go figure.

The second one is Sunday night, I believe. Yes? Could be wrong.

Doubtful.

CBS and Fox get to protect games. I would be very surprised if this in not 1 of the games Fox protects. It is their only big Pats game and the Boston/Chicago market match-up is too good to give up.

How bout the Mangini Bowl 2 on Nov 12th ,since I think the jets will be above 500 by then...

Can't wait to hear Michaels and Madden, whine about the talk shows here in NE or maybe they can talk about someone's body language. Michaels comments about the Patriots talk shows on Sun nite were idiotic, and Madden was noticably silent after all he started the Body Language crap. Neither one did their homework prior to the Denver game. Phil Sims is the best right now, too bad we could not pick the announcers for our games.

Man would I love to go to that game. We need to put a serious beatdown on the Bears. I have a couple Bearfan-friends who are giving me crap.

With respect to Fox 'protecting' this game, this from the NFL.com website:

"CBS and FOX will each be able to protect a total of five games in the seven weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game in any week."

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

QB12

It wouldn't surprise me. I hope the expectation that Fox might protect the game is true. I really night games and this flexible aspect really sucks!

scout said:
This is because MNF is now SNF and vice versa.

In other words, Sunday Night Football on NBC is now considered the marquee game, what MNF used to be. MNF on ESPN is now on level with the former SNF on ESPN, and gets the same lousier matchups.

QB12 said:

"CBS and FOX will each be able to protect a total of five games in the seven weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game in any week."

QB12

So? What other matchups can they keep or protect that will draw a bigger audience, (if both teams continue at this pace)?

It's almost a lock that Fox will hype this matchup to the max, and will make it their national 4:15 game. Think about it - everone finally home after visiting family, digesting the last of the turkey. Could be their highest ratings of the year.

tailgater said:
So? What other matchups can they keep or protect that will draw a bigger audience, (if both teams continue at this pace)?

It's almost a lock that Fox will hype this matchup to the max, and will make it their national 4:15 game. Think about it - everone finally home after visiting family, digesting the last of the turkey. Could be their highest ratings of the year.

For those who didn't know - each week only one network gets a doubleheader. So CBS and FOX can't both have doubleheaders on the same day.

On Nov. 26 it just so happens FOX has the doubleheader, according to http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/

The other games FOX has on that Sunday are the following:

NO @ ATL
PHIL @ INDY
SF @ STL
CAR @ WASH
ARI @ MIN
NYG @ TEN

I guarentee you FOX protects either our game against CHI or the PHIL @ INDY contest. It's up to the big wigs at FOX which game they want and which game SNF subsequently picks up.

Seymour93 said:
The other games FOX has on that Sunday are the following:

NO @ ATL
PHIL @ INDY

I guarentee you FOX protects either our game against CHI or the PHIL @ INDY contest. It's up to the big wigs at FOX which game they want and which game SNF subsequently picks up.

NO @ ATL might also generate some (yawn!) interest with Bush @ Vick.

Could FOX protect BOTH the NE and Indy games? One at 1, one at 4:15?

shakadave said:

Which makes me believe that FOX will be fine with either that game or CAR @ WASH being their marquee 1:00 matchup.

I've haven't see anywhere that says they can't. It would be unwise to spend 2 of your 5 in one week, IMO.

QB12 said:

QB12

For those that missed it the first time around.

Last edited:
shakadave said:

No, networks can only protect 1 game a week. See post #12.

QB12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back