PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best weekend of NFL football coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Jets/Pats - Ravens/Steelers -Packers/Falcons - Hawks/Bears
This is always my favorite playoff weekend. Awesome match-ups this year.

Jets/Pats - Ravens/Steelers -Packers/Falcons - Hawks/Bears
This is always my favorite playoff weekend. Awesome match-ups this year.

The only thing that could have made it better was a Saints victory. Then it would have been CHI-GB and ATL-NO. As it is, it will be a far more entertaining weekend than this one was.

I have said for a very long time that the best weekend of football is not Super Bowl weekend and not conference championship weekend. The very best weekend for NFL fans is division round of the playoffs.

Four games between what is usually six or seven of the league's best teams that year.

Prior to that in wild card weekend has the same number of games, but most if not all of those teams do not advance beyond the next weekend.

After that there are only two games rather than four.

Division weekend is the best weekend of the year for NFL fans.

Soak it up guys..with a lockout next year we may be waiting a while for some football after this..but the pats will have more games after sunday :rocker:

Soak it up guys..with a lockout next year we may be waiting a while for some football after this..but the pats will have more games after sunday :rocker:

Except there won't be a lockout

Remember if there is a lockout, longer bragging rights for the winner.

The divisional round is always my favorite weekend of football too. In this case, we get the rubber match between us and the hated Jets and the rubber match/brute physicality show between the Ravens and the Steelers.

25 years ago the Chicago Bears ripped my heart out and destroyed the Patriots in their first Super Bowl.

It's the 25th anniversary of that game.

PAYBACK TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Great slate of games coming up. All are rematches of regular season games.

The only thing that could have made it better was a Saints victory. Then it would have been CHI-GB and ATL-NO. As it is, it will be a far more entertaining weekend than this one was.

No. Green Bay was the 6th seed, so the only team they could face in the next round is the No.1 seed, the Atlanta Falcons. It's the same reason the Jets are facing New England. Had Indy won, they would not have faced NE, however, as Baltimore would have been the lowest remaining seed, and would have travelled to NE

The intrigue with the huge Seattle underdog makes for a good story as well, but you're right - a ATL-NO and CHI-GB match up would probably make for more interesting football considering the division rivalry. That would've made it 4/4 division rival games in the divisional round of the playoffs! :D

I thought the NO-SEA game would be closer than most people thought it would be and I am going to say the same thing for SEA-CHI. :eek::eek:

Great point it would have been 4 interdivision matchups, that has to have never happened.

This weekend is clearly the worst in the playoffs. This is the week to eliminate the teams who really didn't deserve to be in the playoffs in the first place and only got in because of weak schedules or divisions (Colts, Chiefs). Somehow the Seahawks bucked that trend though.

Next weekend has the best volume to quality football mix. It should be three to four solid games.

I still think the best individual game is usually the Championship Game weekend. That is usually when the best two teams meet.

No. Green Bay was the 6th seed, so the only team they could face in the next round is the No.1 seed, the Atlanta Falcons. It's the same reason the Jets are facing New England. Had Indy won, they would not have faced NE, however, as Baltimore would have been the lowest remaining seed, and would have travelled to NE

I do know how seeding works; I just forgot that GB was the 6 seed.

1. Patriots - Jets
2. Steelers - Ravens
3. Falcons - Packers

4. Bears - Seahawks

1. Patriots - Jets
2. Steelers - Ravens
3. Falcons - Packers

4. Bears - Seahawks

I dunno. I have a feeling the Steeelers/Ravens might actually be the best game on the docket. Obviously, the Pats/Jets game interests us the most though. But for a person with no horse in the race, that game might be third on my list.

Last edited:
I dunno. I have a feeling the Steeelers/Ravens might actually be the best game on the docket. Obviously, the Pats/Jets game interests us the most though. But for a person with no horse in the race, that game might be third on my list.
I have no doubt the Steelers-Ravens will be the best match to watch as a football fan. As a Patriots fan the Patriots-Jets is the obvious choice.

(1) Steelers - Ravens
(2) Falcons - Packers
(3) Patriots (31) - Jets (17) Heck, it may not be even this close.

(4) Bears - Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey