Best Use Of Some of Our Cap Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There isn't much out there.

My #1 target is Waters. Let's pay him enough so that he wants to play this year. I can understand him not wanting to play for $1.4M. Perhaps he'd rather retire.

how much is he looking for?
Is he looking for more?

The Pats have already used their extra cap money to extend Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, which is more than any of us would have predicted coming into the 2012 season. Anything else is a huge bonus, though I admit a veteran OL would be nice.

how much is he looking for?
Is he looking for more?

I find it hard to believe that a player at his age who finally got to a superbowl would holdout for more money. It shouldn't be about money at this point, but weirder things have happened.

No matter how old he is, you can't fault him if he wants more money this year after he watched Ben Grubbs and Carl Nicks get huge contracts for playing no better than he did.

BB doesn't pay for past performance. Best way to handle if he's balking at the money is to go the incentive route. He's a year older and a year slower with no TC. How has he been keeping in shape?

Would love to see him play out his contract this year but not losing sleep over it. BB and Dante will find a way to plug any hole should he not report.

Someone posted that he was at a Boston restaurant yesterday so lets sit tight and see if he appears :rocker:

No matter how old he is, you can't fault him if he wants more money this year after he watched Ben Grubbs and Carl Nicks get huge contracts for playing no better than he did.

Grubbs and Nicks are significantly younger than Waters. That is a huge difference.

That being said, Waters did receive 1.75 Mil in bonuses last year and was slated to make another 850K in bonuses this year. I don't see why the Pats couldn't toss another $3 million his way, but I haven't seen updated cap numbers for the Pats since before the extensions that were signed by Gronk and Hernandez.

Florio says we have 10.0 million. I'd be willing to give Waters a raise from 1.4 to 2.4. Also get Branch's ass back here.

Florio says we have 10.0 million. I'd be willing to give Waters a raise from 1.4 to 2.4. Also get Branch's ass back here.

I was just talking about this in another thread. There's way too many Waters threads, wonder why? :D

Anyway, I agree. If he's holding out for more money, throw him another mil or two. Then BB can fix the tackle problem next :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back