PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best team drafting on day one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think Houston is by far and away the winner of the draft day on paper award - All of those guys could be starters this year.

Denver and McDaniels did an awesome job with Philly coming in 3rd since they addressed thier needs on offense and kept defense until day tow,McNabb could have an all-pro offense with these additions if they are productive as rookies.

So as day one draft winners,I go ...
1) Houston
2) Denver
3) Philly

Day two may pick up other teams to surpass these 3,but so far these 3 are my choices for best of day one

The Patriots earned some more trading room and picks for day two so it was not all that bad and they did pick up the best Safety in the draft in Chung IMO

I give the Pats a B- in the two rounds since I am still waiting for an ILB and a WR tomorrow

Last edited:
Seattle!

Simple. They got the best player in the draft at #4. They got next year's 1st from Denver for a 2nd. And they got some a great O-line prospect that could have easily been selected in the first round late but they got him late in the second.

No doubt in mind it was Denver. McDaniels pegged 3 huge needs with 3 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back