PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

best superbowl teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange concept, some winning teams finishing worse than some losing teams. Hey, this idea could help the Red Sox!

Good one, 1960.

#9 all-time, coming in the salary cap/FA era?

Yeah tell me we know better than the Pats' organization what moves to make. :rolleyes:

PFnN

#9? Complete, outrageous bull$h1t. That '04 team won back to back titles, 3 in 4 years, 21 games in a row, set the record for scoring first in a game, and won a record 10 playoff games in a row. That team was a definite top 6, and that's being coldly objective. I fu(king hate ESPN and those downgrading the accomplishments of our team. Yes, I feel passionatley about it. The best Sb teams were the 66 Packers, the 72 Dolphins, the 78 Steelers, the '93 Cowboys, the 98 Broncos, the '84 49ers, the '89 49ers, the '85 Bears, and the '04 Patriots. In order:

1. '78 Steelers (back to back, 3rd title in 5 years)
2. '66 Packers (multiple champhionship teams)
3. '72 Dolphins (perfect, 1st of 2 consecutive titles)
4. '89 49ers: Back to back, 55-10 SB.
5. '84 49ers: 2nd Sb victory, 15-1 season
6. '04 Pats: back to back, 3rd in 4 years, 21 games in a row, 10 playoff V's in a row, 32-2 over last 34 games.
7. '93 Cowboys: back to back
8. '98 Broncos: back to back
9. '85 Bears: greatest D
10. '75 Steelers: back to back

Last edited:
It's so subjective..............

That being said the two teams I had a problem with being ahead of the 04 Pats are the 96 Packers and the most over-rated team of all time the 72 Dolphins. Any of the other top ten teams would crush these two teams.

yeah i think i remember watching PTI on espn one time, and they were talking about the best superbowl team....tony says that the pats were the best superbowl team b/c of the fact that most of the other better teams didnt have to build a team under a salary cap

#9? Complete, outrageous bull$h1t. That '04 team won back to back titles, 3 in 4 years, 21 games in a row, set the record for scoring first in a game, and won a record 10 playoff games in a row. That team was a definite top 6, and that's being coldly objective. I fu(king hate ESPN and those downgrading the accomplishments of our team. Yes, I feel passionatley about it. The best Sb teams were the 66 Packers, the 72 Dolphins, the 78 Steelers, the '93 Cowboys, the 98 Broncos, the '84 49ers, the '89 49ers, the '85 Bears, and the '04 Patriots. In order:

1. '78 Steelers (back to back, 3rd title in 5 years)
2. '66 Packers (multiple champhionship teams)
3. '72 Dolphins (perfect, 1st of 2 consecutive titles)
4. '89 49ers: Back to back, 55-10 SB.
5. '84 49ers: 2nd Sb victory, 15-1 season
6. '04 Pats: back to back, 3rd in 4 years, 21 games in a row, 10 playoff V's in a row, 32-2 over last 34 games.
7. '93 Cowboys: back to back
8. '98 Broncos: back to back
9. '85 Bears: greatest D
10. '75 Steelers: back to back

I personally thought the 1994 49ers were the best team of the 1990's -- talk about a complete team. If they'd of retained Ricky Watters and Deion Sanders they would have most likely repeated and maybe pulled a three peat.

That 04 Pats team gets ZERO love... Simply because today's NFL doesn't allow for Juggernauts like the 70's Steelers or 80's 49ers or 90's Cowboys... Then again I'd personally put the Pats teams up against any of them and I think they'd stand a 50/50 chance of beating them all.

Imagine Montana's 88 team vs. Brady's 04 team.... Whoever has the ball last wins, lol!

'04 pats made it into the top 10 (at #9)

and, whatever ESPN's "expert" ranking is otherwise worth, the 04 pats join the 96 Packers as the only post-cap teams to crack the top 10!

and, whatever ESPN's "expert" ranking is otherwise worth, the 04 pats join the 96 Packers as the only post-cap teams to crack the top 10!

I wonder if Sean Salisbury was one of their "experts", or Michael Irvin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes