PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Spygate Summary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...I have read yet. Especially considering that it was posted by someone I believe to be a NY Giants fan on ColtFreaks. I was being assaulted (maybe rightfully, I'll admit), and then this guy posted this;

It's pretty clear most people in the country are more interested in grinding an axe with the Patriots than pursuing the truth, partially because the Patriots are a very easy team to hate, from their smug head coach to their golden boy QB to their obnoxious, arrogant fans. Walsh is an opportunistic scumbag no worse than an ambulance chaser, but he provides a convenient rallying point for fans of 31 other teams of the NFL, not helped by the partisan nature of sports fans who would loathe to see ANY team go 19-0 (though the Patriots would be the worst admittedly). How many people can truthfully say, that they are more concerned about the truth as opposed to posturing from the moral highground at the Patriots humiliation?

If people are supposedly so concerned with the truth - why not put an asterisk next to the 49ers Superbowl win under Steve Young? Afterall, they cheated the salary cap that year and basically bought him a Superbowl. The Broncos cheated the salary cap in 98 as well. How about the Cowboys dynasty? Jimmy Jhnson (whom I've noticed many of you hate) openly admitted to practising similar tactics during the Cowboys dynastic years - shouldn't that taint their Superbowls too? Why is there no outrage or indignation over that?

I don't care either way, we whooped the Pats butts in the Superbowl - and as Eric Cartminez said "You know what Bill Bellichick said before the Superbowl? 'Let's go win this one for real' and you know what happened? They lost." Heck I hope you guys cheated - it'd make that win even sweeter.

I didn't care for the last part for obvious reasons. but the rest is pretty damn good...IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not much different than what alot of people have been saying.
Of course we say it because we are Pats fans and look into it all a little deeper... but there are some people in the media who have said this exact same thing as well.

Take it with a grain of salt though.......
I am sure that this Giants fan wouldn't be saying anything close to this, if the Pats had won the SuperBowl. :rolleyes:
It's alot easier to be calm and level headed when your team won.

No knock on you for posting this, but I honestly could have done without seeing this guys statement. We know there are other teams fans who realize the truth. I would have liked to have seen one of their comments more. This guy takes every opportunity he can to slam us and show how bias he is by making ridiculous insults. I expect that from another teams fan (We do the same thing after all) but I am not going to praise him for lacing in a bit of truth though. Go back and tell him to thank our "smug" coach for bring him a superbowl victory when he was their D-coordinator. He is probably doing future damage control, for when senator saggy face gets his inquiry, and it comes out that his team does worse.... like spray chloroform in the face of our O-line through holes in their D-lines helmets :nono: J/K, but you get the point.

Last edited:
It's not much different than what alot of people have been saying.
Of course we say it because we are Pats fans and look into it all a little deeper... but there are some people in the media who have said this exact same thing as well.

Take it with a grain of salt though.......
I am sure that this Giants fan wouldn't be saying anything close to this, if the Pats had won the SuperBowl. :rolleyes:
It's alot easier to be calm and level headed when your team won.

You're exactly right. which goes to prove what blind hatred and envy has done to the rest of NFL fans.

I would expect nothing else.

There is no way in hell that you can be a winning team, without making other teams lose. Which of course pisses off their fans.

I would never expect love for Brady in any other city, Just because they recognize his greatness.

I think we are all just sickened that these guys have something to hang their hat on, (cameragate) other than just making fun of our team for meaningless stuff.

The one thing I can say is that I have never bashed a team that beat us out of jealousy. Because honestly, I'm not jealous. I am thankful we have a great team that at the least I can say "theres always next year", and truly believe it. At the most I am Dissapointed or depressed that we didn't close the deal. I might make excuses for why we lost, but it will never be because "they're coach is smug, their quarterback lives the life I want, Their fans are jerks"

Honestly dude...... Every team has jerk fans.

Smug coach? I have never seen another coach, organization, and set of players praise other teams as much as our organization does. Nobody has given Bill B. any credit for saying that the Jets/Dolphins/49ers/chiefs etc. are great teams even though they obviously defy physics by both sucking and blowing at the same time. In my opinion the guy either deserves a humanitarian award, or a least a friggin' oscar for those performances.
Most teams fans should be honored that this team took them seriously enough to tape them. How do the Dolphins fans explain the other 13 losses that weren't to the Pats? Did those teams "cheat" too? Are we such an awful team, that without taping signals, we would have been the only team they beat?
{excuse me one second while I roll my eyes so hard they hurt}.... ok, all done :D

Last edited:
"Fans" only care about bashing the now. They don't care about history which is why those other teams are barely ever discussed. Their attention span is truly the proverbial 15 minutes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back