PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BEST Regular season victory in a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I really feel like yesterday's game was one of the best games the Patriots have played in the regular season at least back till 2004 and it could still be argued this game was a bigger and better win then some of the games like vs. Indy on opening day.

Last year we beat the Steelers in a crazy game, we lost starters and leaders left and right yet still beat the Steelers, eventually SB Champs.

But yesterday was awesome. A secondary lacking two key starters. We play a rather slow old player at CB, added Poteat off the streets and they still got it done, also Brown came in! What a game the secondary played. No TD Receptions allowed!

I think the team overall finally came together and played with some more emotion. The ground game was the best in over a decade, some of the WR's did a fairly decent job when balls were thrown their way. Gabriel gets wide open for a TD. Not only did the Pats pull off an incredible upset, they also blew out their opponent! Apparently in the top 3 teams in the NFL. The constantly praised Carson Palmer sucked. And the best of all...we did it in THEIR house!

I dont understand how any fan or anybody can say the Patriots did not play perfect yesterday or near perfect counting the missed field goal.

Go Pats! :D

I loved it. After leaving work on Friday I got all this crap From the Raider an niner fans here about how we were going to get killed by the Bengals.

I think of this as the regular season version of our playoff game against the Colts in 2004. Our secondary was hurt, everyone said we couldn't fo it, Indy was doing a lot of talking, and then we hold their unstoppable offense to a whole three points. I remember before that game all the local Pats writers were talking about how Indy's offense can not be stopped, and in order for the Pats to have a chance they need to contain the Indy offense and hope they can keep up by scoring a lot of points. I think the same general things were said about this game and there were similar results.

It was such a complete win, with all three phases making big contributions.

Offense:

The running game was insane. The passing game was the best we have seen so far this season. The offensive line did an incredible job. The running wholes were huge and no one even got close to Brady (0 sacks).

Defense:

The team held one of the best offenses in the league to 13 points down two starters in the secondary. I think that about says it all. But I'll go on, the defense got four sacks and two fumbles. The secondary was able to pull off very complicated coverages. To me this is big because at this time last year the guys we had back there could not have handled such diversity and complexity in coverage schemes. The guys we have are grasping the system and executing the game plan.

Special Teams:

Faulk had a huge return which set up a touchdown. The coverage units were very solid all day. Gostkowskis kickoffs are huge, he almost always pins the other team deep. The only miscue is his missed field goal, but I'm willing to forgive because it was 48 yards, no chipshot, and he's a rookie. Rookie kickers ALWAYS struggle. If you look up average stats for rookies compared to veterans they are siqnificantly lower all the way across the board. AV missed 8 fieldgoals in his first year. He just needs continuing support and his kickoffs have been well worth it.

I know this is only week 4, there is a long season ahead and it is a progression, but I absolutely love this. Let's treat the Dolphins like they're the '72 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back