PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Playoff QB's

So patties is derogatory yet calling a team a patsy is not? What kind of logic do you have in your world.

pat·sy
[pat-see]
noun, plural pat·sies. Slang.
a person who is easily swindled, deceived, coerced, persuaded, etc.; sucker.
a person upon whom the blame for something falls; scapegoat; fall guy.
a person who is the object of a joke, ridicule, or the like.

So why would calling yourself that be the right thing?

Where did I, Joe Kerr, refer to the Patriots as "patsies"? the answer is...NOWHERE...you are either drunk, stoned or both. Please cease the insanity.

Where did I, Joe Kerr, refer to the Patriots as "patsies"? the answer is...NOWHERE...you are either drunk, stoned or both. Please cease the insanity.

I said patsies, implying this troll was smart enough to use a name that sounded like patsies but had deniability.

Patties is when people drink green beer and throw up.

Pet peeve, but why do the vast majority of these lists act as if there was no such thing as football prior to the first super bowl? In my opinion it's a terrible injustice to players like John Unitas, Otto Graham, even Bart Starr.

Even if we were not around to see them play, does that mean they shouldn't qualify for a 'best of' list? We don't do that in any other category (presidents, generals, inventors, etc.)

Otto Graham: was the wainning quarterback in his first seven playoff games (five championships). 9-3 lifetime in the playoffs. 1950 championship game Graham led the Browns to an upset over the Rams, throwing for 4 TD and 298 yards, and rushing for 99 yards.In the '53 championship Graham threw 3 TD passes and ran for three more toucdowns as the Browns beat Detroit, who entered the game with only one loss, 56-10. Graham retired after that game, but Paul Brown talked him into coming back for another year. In the championship Graham threw 2 TD passes and rushed for two more.

John Unitas: three championships, including "the greatest game ever played" when the Colts won in OT in 1958. On his own 14 yard line with two minutes to play Unitas completed seven straight passes to set up the game-tying FG to force overtime. After that Unitas drove the Colts 80 yards for the winning score.

In my personal opinion a 'best ever' list of NFL quarterbacks begins with Unitas and Graham, then after that it's a debate among Montana, Brady and others.

The formula adjusts for opponent defense so you get credit for facing a tough defense. The formula gives more weight to the Superbowl because its the most important game. Would you rather have a good performance in the wild card round or Superbowl?

If you don't have a good performance in the Wild Card round there's a good chance you won't make it to the Super Bowl let alone the next round...

Oh yeah but according to this formula Not making it to the Super Bowl is a good thing. :rolleyes:

This list made me laugh.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back