PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Patriots SB run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First of all, yes, I am a hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers fan and proud to be one. Our Super Bowl season this year will always be amazing to me, and was truly magical.....beating not only the top 3 AFC seeds, but on the road, (including the runaway favorite, Indy) and also the #1 NFC seed in the Super Bowl. You can't overlook the fact that we also dominated the #2 NFC seed in the regular season, as well.

But having only been a Steelers fan since 1997, which is when I became interested in the NFL, I don't have the luxury of remembering mroe than 1 championship season. My question to Pats fans is this....which of your team's Super Bowl championship runs was the most memorable, or best?

Was it the 2001 Patriots, who defied all odds, getting a 1st round bye and wins over the highly touted Steelers and the overwhelmingly favored Rams? And all with the (at the time) youngest QB to win a Super Bowl?

Was it the 2003 Pats, who overcame an opening day blowout to Buffalo and won possibly one of the greatest games ever played over Carolina in SBXXXVIII? All the while using a dominant defense, and overcoming a mediocre running game? Not to mention winning 15 straight if I remember correctly.

Or was it the 2004 Patriots? The team that extended the record to 21 straight, and the team that always seemed to have that "invincible" aura about them? They were not quite as dominant defensively as the 2003 Pats, but were close to it, and their offense was overall far improved over their 2004 counterparts, with the addition of Corey Dillon. The 2004 Pats overcame slews of injuries week in and week out. And while the excitement level of SBXXXIX wasn't what it should have been, it was still a meeting of the 2 dominant teams that everyone picked in preseason, and the Patriots took home the title.

First one for me and it's not even close. It just seemed like destiny that came out of the blue, if that makes any sense.

PS- Steelers suck.

Our best Super Bowl???

Super Bowl XLI

Last edited:
The first one without a doubt. I mean, we started that season 1-3, and then 5-5...and from there we won 9 straight. The previous season we finished 6-11 and our starting qb got injured the second game of the season. The season did not look promising. It all just seemed too good to be true.

The first one absolutely had the most euphoria.

But the Last Pats SB team was by far the most dominant of the bunch.

They smoked thier opponents in the playoffs and even th SB wasn't really as close as the final score would have led you to believe!

Last edited:
mikey said:
Our best Super Bowl???

Super Bowl XLI

YUP!!! AKA "The Next One"!!!!

WorldChampions05 said:
Was it the 2001 Patriots, who defied all odds, getting a 1st round bye and wins over the highly touted Steelers and the overwhelmingly favored Rams? And all with the (at the time) youngest QB to win a Super Bowl?

You never forget the first.

But: (A) As Tom Brady put it--my favorite ring's the next one.

(B) Brady is STILL the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl. Roethlisberger is merely the youngest QB to start for a Super Bowl-winning team. :D

WorldChampions05 said:
First of all, yes, I am a hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers fan and proud to be one. Our Super Bowl season this year will always be amazing to me, and was truly magical.....beating not only the top 3 AFC seeds, but on the road, (including the runaway favorite, Indy) and also the #1 NFC seed in the Super Bowl. You can't overlook the fact that we also dominated the #2 NFC seed in the regular season, as well.

But having only been a Steelers fan since 1997, which is when I became interested in the NFL, I don't have the luxury of remembering mroe than 1 championship season. My question to Pats fans is this....which of your team's Super Bowl championship runs was the most memorable, or best?

Was it the 2003 Pats, who overcame an opening day blowout to Buffalo and won possibly one of the greatest games ever played over Carolina in SBXXXVIII? All the while using a dominant defense, and overcoming a mediocre running game? Not to mention winning 15 straight if I remember correctly.

Or was it the 2004 Patriots? The team that extended the record to 21 straight, and the team that always seemed to have that "invincible" aura about them? They were not quite as dominant defensively as the 2003 Pats, but were close to it, and their offense was overall far improved over their 2004 counterparts, with the addition of Corey Dillon. The 2004 Pats overcame slews of injuries week in and week out. And while the excitement level of SBXXXIX wasn't what it should have been, it was still a meeting of the 2 dominant teams that everyone picked in preseason, and the Patriots took home the title.

Is it true the refs were in the lead car of the Steelers parade after the Super Bowl? :D

That is like asking which one of your children do you love the most. They are all special in their own way. But, the one that I felt the most joy, because it came as such a suprise, was the first one.

Yes I agree the next one but the 2001 and 2003 SB's were both sweet because on the way, we beat the Steelers on their home field twice!!!!!!!! Face it Steeler Fan luck was with you this year when you play us you LOSE!!!!!!

Last edited:
ctpatsfan77 said:
You never forget the first.

But: (A) As Tom Brady put it--my favorite ring's the next one.

(B) Brady is STILL the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl. Roethlisberger is merely the youngest QB to start for a Super Bowl-winning team. :D

Agree on both points - Big Ben won't win any more playoff games playing the way he did against Seattle.

BTW- enjoy your weekly "Super Bowls" next season - being the defending champ is a mother!

WorldChampions05 said:

2001 was great, because it was very unexpected, right up until the last second. 2003 was kinda of ho-hum compared to the other ones. 2004 was my favorite because they were just dominant and went into Pitt and beat them badly on their own field.

You do understand that the only reason why 2005 is not on this list is because they screwed up in Denver and didn't get the chance to beat Pitt again, right? Enjoy your title, because we're going to be needing that back next year.

The next one....

To answer the question, the 1st was one the best for me. It was so unexpected and as BB said to his pal, Ernie Adams after it, "Can you believe we won the SB with this team?" It was like being in a trancelike state as they kept winning game after game. And getting to attend that Snow Bowl and aSuper Bowl game that year really made it special for me.

Gotta go with the last one. I mean, all of them were an incredible ride, but with the last win, there was that moment when BB, Crennel and Charlie met out on the field. They knew that it was the end of one of the most important chapters in Pats football. That goodbye makes that one stand out for me.

the first one in my opinion.

petty that we were not able to met you in Foxboro to play the AFC Championship this year...

It's number one for me as well. I had pretty much written off the Pats' chances of winning that game. I had given up on ever seeing the Pats win the big one, if I'm honest.

first one for me. Like they say, the first one is always the toughest.

Uh, ok, I like it how I'm apparently getting trash-talked even after I did nothing of the sort towards the Pats in my first post :eek:

So I guess to answer the talk.....Yeah, Ben had a bad game in the Super Bowl, but he still made enough plays to not blow it, including his clutch 3rd and 28 completion after scrambling to the left that will always remain in Steeler lore. But all in all, I'll agree that he choked a bit in that game. That doesn't have me worried though....QB's have choked in the big game before only to go win it with a dazzling performance later on. (See Elway)

As for the calls in the Super Bowl, while I won't get into deph about it because this has been discussed already about 5879749 times, all I'll say it that all you have to do is look at the film. If you do that, you'll see that NONE of the calls against Seattle were bad except for the low block on Hasslebeck. You can see why the refs called what they did.

.....and I think that most Steelers fans will tell you that they would've like dto play the Pats in the AFCCG. You've owned us in the past, but we at least knew that we COULD beat you (2004 regular season) and that it wasn't impossible. I feel we were on too much of a roll to be stopped by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back