Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Three players come to mind when I look back at the 3 playoff games.
Samuel carried his strong regular season performance into the playoffs and was a difference maker with 2 INTs and a TD. Gaffney stepped in from out of no where with 21 catches for 244 yards and 2 TDs. His endzone leap for a TD was Montana-Clark-like. Gostkowski went 8-8 in FGs and 9-9 in EPs. The coaches showed confidence in his abilities and he handled the pressure perfectly.

I agree and would add Matt Light to that list.

I agree and would add Matt Light to that list.
I was ready to dump our RT to the bench and move Light there two weeks ago but he really stepped up. We need better run blocking from the OL but I think a real WR threat will take care of that - if we can get one.

The three you mentioned for sure. Can't think of any other bright spots.

Colvin played inspired.
Kevin Faulk was important for us but McDaniels didn't give him the ball against the Colts.
Troy Brown made the play of the year against the Chargers.
Dan Graham made some huge blocks and big catches.

To me, there were 53 guys on the post-season roster who were heroes for us. Very few people expressed confidence this team would make it this far, the suicide watch during the season was swamped with temperamental 'fans', yet there were the Patriots driving in another last minute attempt to pull victory out of the hat.

A fantastic season and post-season from the Patriots' players and coaches.

I'd say WR Jackson. The second best receiver in last years draft - played a lot of downs in the playoffs on a team that let two starters from last year walk. Way to step up with that speed and size and give Brady a downfield target to stretch the safeties and open up the running game.

Ok Ok. Bad joke. Did he even play though yesterday????

My real pick is Troy Brown for the defensive play of the season. He is the ultimate Patriot. Gaffney earned a spot at the #4 spot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back