PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best OL performance I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have never seen a Patriots OL perform as well as they did today. They made some incredible holes in the running game and the Bengals very rarely even touched Tom today.

Congratulations guys, you were the reason we did what we did today.

The old John Hannah and Leon Gray,etc, days were better than todays performance, but the OL was very good today. They also pass blocked well.
Hardly noticed Britt was at ORT. I'm sure Britt and the entire OL wasn't perfect but they did a real good job.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
I have never seen a Patriots OL perform as well as they did today. They made some incredible holes in the running game and the Bengals very rarely even touched Tom today.

Congratulations guys, you were the reason we did what we did today.

I'll drink to that...

Patriots4Ever said:
I'll drink to that...

Good idea! (Glad you didn't jump off the bridge now, P4E?)

PatsSteve1 said:
The old John Hannah and Leon Gray,etc, days were better than todays performance, but the OL was very good today. They also pass blocked well.
Hardly noticed Britt was at ORT. I'm sure Britt and the entire OL wasn't perfect but they did a real good job.

Too young for the Hannah days. I was born in 79 and didn't discover the Patriots until Bledsoe was drafted.

Yeah they were great. But the whole offense blocked well. I saw Maroney get a great block on a blitz pick-up. Troy Brown, Daniel Graham, and Ben Watson all had great blocks on Maroney's long TD run. Heath Evans had a good block on Maroney's shorter TD. Even Brady gave a pretty good block on Chad Jackson's reverse. This was a complete team victory, like the one against the Rams in 2004.

PatsSteve1 said:

I was going to say!:D

Great job, but a little perspective. And without O'Callaghan.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
Too young for the Hannah days. I was born in 79 and didn't discover the Patriots until Bledsoe was drafted.

OK. Well John Hannah was what you'd call a freak. Your grandmother would average 4 yards behind him and Gray was also an all pro.

Did I hear correctly that Kaczur played some today?

shakadave said:
Did I hear correctly that Kaczur played some today?

Yeah he did. At RT.

There were one and sometimes two TE's on that side, but the play was awesome nonetheless. It is great to see Light healthy.

NEM said:
Absolutely AWESOME, especially the left side. This is just a beginning of great things to come.

NEM said:
You didnt know my grandmother. She would have averaged 6.5 yards per carry.

lol props to you on that one. :D

ctpatsfan77 said:
I'd argue today was better, since in that game Brady did get sacked three times. Not even close this time. :)
I also could argue that the 2004 Indy defense was far superior to the 2006 Bengals defense.

I think the NFL's obsession with facilitating the passing game has been misplaced.

For me, there's nothing more satisfying than watching a gaping hole open up and waiting for Dillon to steamroll a DB.

ATippett56 said:
I also could argue that the 2004 Indy defense was far superior to the 2006 Bengals defense.

No question. Cincy's rushing D was 20th in the NFL going into the game.

If we didn't have a good game on the ground I would have been worried.

PatsSteve1 said:
The old John Hannah and Leon Gray,etc, days were better than todays performance, ...

That doesn't count. Hannah wasn't human ;-)

Hannah & Gray also did it even when the team wasn't that good. Everyone in the league knew the play was going to their side and it didn't matter.

DropKick said:
That doesn't count. Hannah wasn't human ;-)

Hannah & Gray also did it even when the team wasn't that good. Everyone in the league knew the play was going to their side and it didn't matter.

Hannah was not human. For sure.

I remember I always wondered why hw was supposed to be so great. Like many Back then, I only noticed the OL when they screwed up.

They had a special on Hannah with isolation video, (rare in those days).

On one play Hannah pulled to the right and the coverage was pretty good.

He had one to the outside and one to the inside. I thought he'd take the outside guy since it was a sweep.

He slowed slightly then just as they converged a bit he squared, put out
his elbows and Bam, he pancaked both guys!:eek:

It was like a freakin' cartoon. The RB was so shocked he almost tripped and fell down. One and only.

I think the most important thing the Patriots need to do in the next 2 weeks is get Dan Koppen extended. For one we need to quiet the critics who point to the extra Salary #'s as well as keep together a young and solid OLine. It has been turned over so much in the past few years to keep it young but now that it is coming to be that time for their Rookie contracts to expire we MUST do this. Koppen maybe most of all, he seems to be the most consistent short of maybe Mankins and plays the critical position of keeping TB comfortable. I do not think a stud C is as easy to replace ala Branch/Givens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes